Final Destination!

Just to give a little background of the movies before we go into the mindless gore, I'm going to just say the basic plot line for all of the movies.

Each of the movies start out with the characters at an everyday place, going somewhere or doing something (plane, freeway, roller coaster, car race, interstate bridge). The main protagonist always has a vision (which is played as if it were real) that wherever they are, something goes wrong and everybody dies (plane crashes, big pile-up, roller coaster crashes, concrete stadium crumbles, bridge collapses). They freak out and manage to get a few people away from the situation long enough for the event to actually happen and for them to be saved. This means that they cheated death; which does not make him happy. This is where the movies stray away from all the slasher flicks. Death is not a killer with a steak knife killing random teenagers, death is not physically there, but always there in otherworldly-matter terms. He decides to kill every person who cheated him in terrible freak "accidents" in the same order they were meant to die. There are some ways to avoid death, such as being saved from their accident which pushes you to the end of death's list, but no one can defeat death. So far, every person from the first four movies who has cheated death has died...terribly.

This is why, congratulate the fifth installment's premiere, I'm making a list of the worst deaths. Believe me, there have been a lot of them. And also feel free to comment on what you think the list should be.

10. Rory Peters (Final Destination 2)- I'm pretty sure this one made the list because of it's grossness. The whole set-up for the death was made mostly by Kat who crashed the car the two of them and the other survivors were in. While news vans come in to interview witnesses, one news van backs up into a large pointed rock. The rock hits the gas pipe and it starts leaking gas into a underground pipe leading towards the car Kat is trapped in. While Rory, as always, snorts some drugs, Kat dies. When she does, she drops her cigarette. A sudden wind blows it into the exposed pipe filled with gas. It ignites and leads all the way back to the news van which explodes. It sends a wire fence at Rory which cuts him into three pieces and cuts his arm off. He slowly slides into pieces and slops on the ground (which can be heard). It kind of sucks that minutes after we finally see a glimpse of emotion from him, he gets it...good. He was the 5th person to die in this movie.

9. Tim Carpenter (Final Destination 2)- Fifteen year old Tim, who almost dies in the dentist's office, walks out the doors with his mom (also a character). He sees Kimberly and Tom (the main protagonists) running towards them and shouting "pigeons!" A few scenes earlier, they had figured out that either Tim or Nora were going to die next. Then, Kimberly saw a vision of pigeons, so she was alarmed to see both of them surrounded by pigeons. Tim, who has been afraid that death was going to kill him and his mom, runs after them to shoo them away. They fly towards a nearby crane holding a large pane of glass. One flies into the crane and the worker swats at it, also hitting the release lever on the crane. The glass pane falls and crushes Tim, sending blood and glass shards all over Kim, Tom, and Nora (his mother). Just goes to show that death isn't afraid to kill a kid. He was the second person to die in this movie.

8. Nora Carpenter (Final Destination 2)- Nora had already lost her husband years ago and now her son was crushed right in front of her. She was emotionally drained and left early to go plan her son's funeral when the remaining seven survivors have a meeting. Eugene, who thinks none of this is real, leaves along with her. In the elevator, behind them is a creepy man with prosthetic arms. Before the meeting started, Rory used the elevator too. He got his foot caught in it and it was foreshadowing that the elevator did not work right and it closed even when something was blocking it. Back at the meeting, Rory knocks over a bunch of objects in the closet and Kat leaves. Rory sees a shadow of a guy with hooks and him, Clear, Kimberly, and Tom call Nora to warn her to stay away from a guy with hooks. Her phone rings and it startles her and she drops it. When she bends down to pick it up, her long braid gets caught in one of the guy's prosthetic arms. When Tom tells her to stay away from a guy with hooks, she freaks out and starts running out of the elevator when she realizes the man behind her has hooks. Clear runs down to check on the elevator and Kat is coming down the stairs. The doors close on Nora's head and it starts moving up to a different floor, picking her off the ground. Her head is being pushed up against the ceiling and the doors. Kat and Clear try to push her through the doors but, they cut through her neck and her body falls on the girls while her head stays in the elevator with Eugene. Now, she can be with her family. She was the third person to die in that movie.

7. Kat Jennings (Final Destination 2)- While driving to the hospital with the other five survivors, one of her car's tires blows out and she loses control of her car. It plows through a wood fence and a large piece of wood goes through her car door, jamming it and her. She spins around and goes through a clump of metal pipes. One goes through the headrest for her seat, narrowly missing her head. Stuck in her car, Kat knows death has some way to kill her. When Clear comes over and asks if the others can leave to get Eugene (who was also hurt in the wreck) to the hospital. She almost cries since she knows that she's definitely dying and says that it's okay. As the others gather together, a fireman gets a jackhammer to try to pry open her door. With the pipe still behind her head, she bends forward to get a cigarette. He smacks the hammer into the door and it sets off her airbag, sending her head back into the pipe and impaling her. Everyone else watches, horrified. She was the fourth person to die from this movie.

6. Frankie Cheeks (Final Destination 3)- The two main protagonists go out to get some food. At the takeout window, a delivery truck to the left of their car backs up and pushes their car against the building. The radio turns on and the song playing (which pops up frequently throughout the whole movie) has the lyrics "There is someone walking behind you. Following your footsteps." They look behind them and see another truck rolling down a hill towards them. The guy is chasing it, but is far away. They try to get out but since they have truck and the building blocking both doors, Kevin kicks the windshield off. They get out and the truck hits his car. The engine flies out of it and grinds up the back of the head of the person in the convertable in front of them. They find out it is Frankie and he is the third person to die from this movie.

5. Carter Daniels (Final Destination 4)- Carter's death is basically just a rube Goldberg device with added blood and guts! He went to another black character's house to burn a cross into his yard (Carter was very racist). He leaves his truck to go put the cross into the ground. In his truck, the wind starts moving a horseshoe hanging from his rearview mirror. It falls and turns on the radio (how ironic is it that the song is "Why Can't We Be Friends"). Some beer cans fall off the seat and start the truck. The chain and hook start moving along with the truck and it starts pouring the gasoline out of a pipe on the back of the truck. He starts trying to get in the car while a trail of gas is left behind it. He strays behind the truck and gets his pant leg caught on the hook. Him hitting the pavement and the chain rubbing up against it causes a spark and the chain, him, and the street start on fire. The truck itself catches and blows up. His head lands on the yard of the black guy and he walks outside to find it on his porch. He was the first person to die from this movie.

4. Ms. Lewton (Final Destination)- The best death from the whole movie belonged to the other character's 30-something teacher; poor, lonely Ms. Lewton. She is at home and pours some vodka from the freezer into a heated mug. It cracks and starts leaking. She throws a towel onto a knife rack and walks off. It drips on her computer and the computer starts smoking. She looks at it and it blows up, sending shards into her throat. The fire spreads to the floor where she dipped a trail of vodka. She rips out the metal in her throat and starts bleeding everywhere. The fire spreads to her kitchen where she walks to go get a towel. The fire on the counter blows up her wine collection and she falls over. She grabs for the towel on the knife rack and both fall down onto her. One knife goes through her chest. Alex (the main character) comes in to save her and is just about to pull the knife out (she's still alive) when another explosion in her kitchen and knocks a chair over onto her chest which plunges the knife deeper and finally kills her. Definitely one of the most painful deaths. She was the third person to die from this movie.

3. Erin Ulmer (Final Destination 3)- This was the first time when I was actually sad someone died. She is my favorite character from all the movies so far. Wendy and Kevin go to the hardware store her and her boyfriend, Ian, work at. While they talk about death and it's plan, many things happen. A rectangular box falls from the back of a shelf and falls onto the metal supports of the shelf, Ian drops some nails and Erin picks them up with a long magnet. When she slides the magnet back on the shelf, she pushes it back too far and it attracts some chains wrapped around a cylinder. The chains start to fall onto a forklift. Ian (who is on another forklift) bumps into a shelf which knocks the rectangular box onto the forklift's pedal and starts it. They leave and don't hear it. Earlier before, Ian was shooting pigeons inside the building with a nailgun and put it on a shelf by the place the group relocates to. While they continue their conversation, the forklift moves closer to them and hits the wall behind them. The hammers on the wall fall and one falls on the lever to make the machine lift. It starts lifting the shelf and finally it falls over sending wooden dowels all over them. Wendy saves Ian who was supposed to die next so it moves onto Erin who is next. One dowel falls on another and sends it flying into a bad of sawdust. It sends sawdust at Erin who tumbles backwards and triggers the nailgun with her head. It shoots her in the head about ten times with her hand on her face, stuck there. She was the fifth person to die from this movie.

2. Evan Lewis (Final Destination 2)- Evan comes home to his apartment after being questioned by the police hours after the pileup Kimberly saved them from. His place is a mess and there is stuff everywhere. He leftover pasta in a pan on the stove out the window and takes some leftover chinese food out of the fridge. On the side of the fridge are magnetic letters. They are foreshadowing his death because when the "H" falls off into his food, it spells "EYE." He puts the box into the microwave not knowing about the magnet in it. He heats up some food on the stove in the same pan as the pasta and leave sit to put on his new watch and ring. He drops his ring down the drain and sticks his hand in to get it. His hand gets stuck because of the watch. The microwave starts sparking and the food on the stove catches fire. He whacks it with a towel trying to put it out but instead it falls onto the floor and catches all the room on fire. He finally gets his hand out and goes to the windows. They both close so he throws a chair at one. Barely down the escape steps, his apartment explodes. He thinks he's at the top of the world for cheating death twice, little does he know that he was supposed to escape the fire. He gets on the ladder that leads to the ground but it doesn't reach for enough. He starts bounding on it and it falls a few feet. he slides off and keeps his balance. he slips on the pasta he threw out the window earlier and sits there on the ground. The ladder falls another few feet right above his face. It finally falls all the way and impales him through the eye. He was the first person to die from this movie.

1. Ashley Freund & Ashlyn Halperin (Final Destination 3)- Ashley and Ashlyn are going tanning. They both have slushees and the only worker has to take a call. He leaves but tells them that they need to throw their drinks out. Ashlyn does but Ashlyn pretends to and takes it into the tanning room. The manager puts a bottle of tanning lotion in the way of the door so it doesn't lock him out. Throughout the next few scenes, it shows the bottle open up and the lotion pour out. The door closes and he gets locked out. In the tanning room, Ashlyn turns up the heat while Ashley gets on her bed to reach the CD shelf. The leans too much on the shelf and when she gets off, one bolt loosens. They get naked and Ashlyn realizes that the coat rack isn't sturdy. Ashley puts her drink on a counter without knowing that below it is the control box for the beds. They get in and it starts condensing. A puddle forms and starts leaking off the sides of the counter onto the control box. It short-circuits and causes the temperature in the beds to raise. They start to get hot in their beds and seconds before Ashley decides to get out, the AC comes on. It pushes the coat rack over and it falls onto a plant. The potted plant knocks over the CD shelf. The wooden board is on Ashley's bed and when she gets out to see what happened, it slides over in between their beds locking both of them in. As the temperature gets higher, they start to bubble and blister. Ashley's glass she's laying on cracks and breaks, as does Ashlyn's. They both catch on fire and burn to death. I think that's definitely the most painful death of them all. Plus, all the things that lead up to it and make it happen are just so cool. It is definitely the scariest death so far!

Thanks for reading and I hope I didn't gross you out too much

Latest articles