My Chemical Romance Video Rumors Disbanded

My Chemical Romance Video Rumors Disbanded Rumors had been circling around the internet for weeks about whether or not My Chemical Romance was going to release a video for their song "Mama". Starting around the end of October, 2007, the initial rumored release date was for November 12th. The video was supposedly going to be directed by Gerard Way himself. The date was then changed to November 16th, and then it wasn't ever really talked about again.

Every once in a while the My Chemical Romance Forum does a "Forum Interview". This involves members of the forum submitting quirky/original questions for the interviewers to ask. This time Frank Iero was to be the interviewee, and Lica, an MCRF administrator, was the interviewer.

When asked about the so-called video, Frank responded by saying:

I don't know. The idea for the video is a really cool idea. I don't wanna give it away in case we do it, but there is no talk about doing it – soon. We have no time in our schedule to do it and I don't know if it will ever happen. So, we'll see. I don't know where everyone got the exact date from. We never said anything about a date. It is a rumour. I would love to do it, I just don't know whether we be able to do it or have to time to do it.

So, while there seems to be no plans for a new MCR video anytime soon, there is still hope. Maybe MCR fans will get their Gerard Way directed Mama video sometime in the near future.

Latest articles