Not Called Jinx

From left to right: Vincent, Kilian, Ichan, Eypee, TommyNot Called Jinx is a rock band from Germany, birthed in Berlin in early 2005. Its bandmembers include vocalist Kilian Peters, guitarists Thomas Kosslick (Tommy) and Adrian Tschoepke (Eypee), bassist Irzan Raditya (Ichan), and drummer Vincent Petsch. As the front act and tour support for bands like All Time Low, The Audition, 5Bugs, and Itchy Poopzkid, the band has already gained much recognition.

The band's name was inspired by the name of the cat in the film Meet the Parents. To ward off any bad mojo by the name, the banned added 'Not Called' in front of it and so Not Called Jinx was born.

Not Called Jinx has played at large rock festivals in Germany such as Schloßgrabenfest and Open Flair, and has also performed in over 150 rock concerts in major cities throughout the country. They've also played at the Java Rockin' Land Festival in Indonesia in 2010, which happens to be known as the largest rock festival in Southeast Asia - playing in Jakarta, Surabaya and Bandung. Alongisde The band headlined alongside Smashing Pumpkins, Dashboard Confessional, Stereophonics, Wolfmother and other famous international acts from the US, UK, and Australia.

In 2011, NCJ supported the Swedish rock band Royal Republic on their European tour without their drummer Vincent since he is currently studying abroad in UK, but he has been temporarily replaced by Matze Vogel. They've toured together in some European cities and their show in Flensburg, Germany has been sold out.

Not Called Jinx has recorded their first album, Phoenix Arising, which launched at the end of April of 2011 in Berlin, under the labels Monster-Artists and BMG Rights. Two hit singles -Phoenix Arising and New Beginnings- were released fromt his album. The songs on this album are:

  1. New Beginnings
  2. Aim & Fire
  3. Dance With Me
  4. I.C.U.R.A.Q.T
  5. I Believe
  6. Don’t Say a Word
  7. Mayday
  8. Gravity
  9. The Deal
  10. Phoenix Arising

The album can be bought on iTunes or on the band's online shop.

If you want to know more, you can check out the band here:

If you're from Indonesia, you can check out the Indonesia street team here:

*Image above, from left to right: Vincent, Kilian, Ichan, Eypee, Tommy

Latest articles