The Hunger Games; Most Anticipated Film of 2012?

Almost everybody has heard of The Hunger Games; a film based upon the trilogy of novels written by Suzanne Collins. However, what they may not have heard of is the magnificent marketing campaign that appears to have come with it.

Based simply upon the recent publicity, it is no wonder that the film is estimated to make $150 million in terms of US Box Office sales. The campaign includes a collection of nail varnishes by China Glaze, shoes designed under the name of Alexander McQueen and even various fan sites such as TheHob and MockingJay.

As if all of this was simply not enough, The Hunger Games also has its own website domain, "pn", which can be seen on TheCapitol.pn. This domain was originally used for the Pitcairn Islands, yet has recently been bought by Lions Gate Entertainment to add to the viral marketing campaign. This website allows fans to join specific districts based upon their personalities, creates citizen cards for each member and sends e-mail from various characters.

The film is to be released in cinemas on March 23rd , starring Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson and Liam Hemsworth. Judging by the incredibly large marketing campaign, the increasing popularity of the books and popular casting choices, the film will undoubtedly be just as successful as expected.

Latest articles