Invent, Animate: Bringing New Life to Music

According to the band, their name is “based on the simple idea of creating something, then bringing it to life. Think Frankenstein.” With only two songs released, Invent, Animate has already gained over 1,300 fans, proving that they are not just another group of musicians trying to avoid a desk job. With their original sound and lyrics, Invent, Animate does not fail to live up to their name.

The metalcore band, originating in Port Neches, Texas, is currently ranked #2 on ReverbNation’s Top Metal Artists chart for their hometown. The band is not holding back. “We will go as far as humanly possible. Our hopes are high,” says front man, Ben English.

The families of Invent, Animate have been supportive of the band. Keyboardist, Kale Chance, admitted that they practice at their drummer, Trey Celaya’s, mother’s house, stating, “She gives us as much support as we can possibly have. We owe her a lot of thanks.” While the band members are still young, they have not given up on their education. Ben is currently attending college, earning a degree that could direct him to a career as a meteorologist or astronomer. While his parents’ first choice is for him to stay in school, they understand where the band could take him. “If my time comes to tour, then I will go,” Ben said.

Strong guitar solos are performed by Cody Graham and Logan Forrest. Together with Keaton Goldwire on bass, Trey on drums, and Kale on keys, they support Ben’s voice. With rhythms and vocals that never slow, any listener will find it hard to sit still.

Invent, Animate cites Born of Osiris, We Came As Romans, and August Burns Red as some of their greatest influences. While the band is currently unsigned, they plan to release their debut EP, "Waves" this year. While there are no definite plans, Kale did mention the possibility of touring during Winter Breaks.

Latest articles