The World vs. "Twilight" - Comments

  • CaesarSalad

    CaesarSalad (105)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    ... Still a better love story than Twilight. aha
    I kid.
    Anyways, there really isn't any need to brag about it or put it down. Yeah it maybe funny every so often, but not all the time. I don't care about Twilight. I'd rather talk about literature that I do like to read not literature that I want nothing to do with. It's pointless arguments that only go in circles with no ending.
    May 25th, 2012 at 07:41am
  • wish on a firefly

    wish on a firefly (885)

    :
    NaNoWriMo 2017
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    United States
    This....I agree with this a lot. I mean Twilight is good in its own way but I hate it when people compare Twilight with Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles(?) series about Lestat. It just...it irks me to no end. Just like people comparing Harry Potter and Twilight with each other repeatedly, but those two are only compared so much because of Rob's role in the Goblet of Fire and his big starring role in the Twilight Movies but they also compare the character Bella with Hermione a lot too.

    I am losing faith in literature now because of the comparisons to Twilight. This is one of the main reasons I dislike Twilight.
    March 4th, 2012 at 04:04pm
  • IHeartRainbowCookiez

    IHeartRainbowCookiez (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    26
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    i think it totally agree. todays people just cant sop comparing and complaining. this is not only for the books and movies its the same for a lot of everyday things.
    March 1st, 2012 at 04:21pm
  • arye.tyler

    arye.tyler (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    First, congrats. You might be the first person I've ever seen write an article dealing with "Twilight" that didn't either bash it or sing its praises. I'm impressed, and it's a remarkably well-written article. I don't encounter many of those.
    I have to thank you for saying this; it's something that I've been noticing lately, too, and I'm increasingly disturbed by it. Especially when books that are, on some occasions, decades older than "Twilight" are compared to it. This book series was not the beginning of all literature, and it certainly isn't the end. I appreciate seeing that someone else realizes this.
    February 25th, 2012 at 10:13pm
  • magnus bane.

    magnus bane. (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    Thank you, for this. Now I rarely read articles, because some don't seem very well written, but the title of this one enticed me to read it.
    I've read most of the books that you have mentioned there, including Twilight, and I can say Twilight isn't one of my favorite things, in fact I'll be honest, it's my least favorite. Maybe because of the growing popularity it has become, or maybe because of the fact that I am a firm believe in Vampires that are like Dracula, or Morganville, or something that burns in sun and doesn't sparkle like a "disco ball" to quote Bree Tanner.
    I feel, personally, that Twilight has become to popular for it's own good. There are loopholes to logic that my younger sister could even see, but the blind fangirls cannot.
    Anyway, I believe my original comment was to praise you for writing this, and say all in all, good job!
    February 22nd, 2012 at 03:40pm