Return of Ron Burgundy

Fans of Will Ferrell and his hilarious work will be pleased to know that It was announced just last week by actor himself that there will be a sequel to the 2004 comedy Anchorman. Ferrell appeared in the full Ron Burgundy get-up, burgundy suit and all, on the Conan O'Brien show.

After he showed the audience he skills on the jazz flute, he announced that he and Paramount Pictures have come to terms on a sequel for Anchorman. "There will be a sequel for Anchorman," he said. Sources says his fellow cast mates Paul Rudd and Steve Carell will also return to star in the film. Adam McKay, who was the films original director, will return as well. The film is expected to begin production later this year.

There has been a lot of talk from the cast and crew in recent years about doing a sequel but this is first time that it has been officially announced. There hasn't really been any word on who else from the initial cast will return.

I'm hoping that this film will be as hilarious as the last so I won't be saying, "I immediately regret this decision," when I go to see the film.

And that's the news because, "If Ron Burgundy says it... it's the truth!"

Latest articles