News From the Makers of the iPod

News From the Makers of the iPod As most of us know, Apple with its line of iPod music devices and more recently the iPhone have made our lives very convenient but for a hefty price. You might even find yourself asking Just what else could they make into something small enough to fit into my purse? Ladies and gentlemen we have the answer. In recent article by Jefferson Graham of USA Today iPod has clearly marked their new course. Computers.

Last Tuesday at the Macworld conference in San Francisco Apple unveiled its plan for a slimmer sleeker compact laptop, nearly wiping out current laptop technology as we know it. Apple CEO Steve Jobs was quoted saying:

"What will make this unique is its thinness, a good 50% thinner than existing Mac laptops", says Gene Munster, an analyst at Piper Jaffray. "Notebooks are the fastest-growing segment of the computer market. More people are bringing their computers everywhere with them."

This new technology is expected to not even run on a hard drive but on a flash, making it faster and easier to transfer documents as well as take out the bulk of the weight. Apple is also introducing upgrades to the iPhone starting with a larger memory bank and its own movie rental system.

50,000 are expected to attend Macworld this year a ten thousand person jumps from last years holding. Things are looking up for Apple.

Latest articles