From Escape The Fate to Escaping Jail

From Escape The Fate to Escaping Jail As of January 15 Ronald Radke, former lead singer of the Las Vegas rock band Escape The Fate, has pleaded guilty to a charge of battery with substantial bodily harm and sentenced to 5 years probation and ordered to pay $100,000 in damages in relation to rising to “a challenge to fight” which ended in the death of 18 year old Michael Cook on May 6, 2006.

According to reports Radke had insulted former friend, Marcel Colquitt's, girlfriend referring to her as “a crack whore”. Colquitt challenged him to a one on one fist fight in an area of desert near their home town of Las Vegas.

Radke came armed with brass knuckles and three additional people, one of which was carrying a firearm. Colquitt came with four people, one of whom was Michael Cook. The incident came to a close when Radke’s friend, Chase Rader, shot and wounded Colquitt’s brother and killed Cook.

"I don't think probation is good enough for him", said Cook's mother, Ceda Freeman. "He has absolutely destroyed my family".

Colquitt, who was to appear as co-defendant to Radke in the case committed suicide in September of 2007.

Radke’s former band Escape The Fate is set to start recording their sophomore album sometime this month.

Latest articles