Terra Nova: Cancelled

Terra Nova is an American television series set in 2149 where a desolate planet Earth has become polluted and overpopulated. In a desperate attempt to start anew, a time machine has been created to push people back in time 85 million years in the past. The show follows the Shannon family as they make this jump and discover a community working together to build a new life.

Terra Nova starred Stephen Lang, the same genius who starred in Avatar, as Colonel Taylor, and Jason O’Mara as Jim Shannon, who both gave outstanding performances. Noami Scott gave a wonderful breakout performance as the Shannon’s eldest daughter. The youngest daughter, played by Alana Mansour, was as cute as a button.

The first season premiered on Fox Network in September of 2011, and aired its final episode on that network in December of 2011. In March of 2012, Fox announced that they would not be picking up the show for another season. The network claimed that the show’s many special effects were too costly, and if they stopped after the first season, they would still just barely be breaking even. Currently, the show is being shopped to other networks, but it is unlikely that it will be picked up by a network that is willing to put in the money that Fox had. If the show does continue, viewers should expect lower quality special effects.

Latest articles