Has Black Veil Brides Unintentionally Given in to the Haters? - Comments

  • FrankJScott

    FrankJScott (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    57
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    Please try <a href=https://www.google.com/>Google</a> before asking <a href=https://wikipenny.com/Thread-RIG-The-background?pid=934#pid934>Awesome Onlne Casino Info</a> 89794f9
    September 29th, 2023 at 08:04am
  • thedarksnowqueen

    thedarksnowqueen (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    27
    Location:
    United States
    Let me just say that this was an in-studio photo shoot by Kerrang! magazine. They had no reason to be dressed up and slathered in makeup. They're not performing. They're not on tour. They're working on an album. (If this seems offensive, I apologize. It's not meant to be.)
    August 21st, 2012 at 09:13pm
  • KATExoxo94

    KATExoxo94 (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    If you acctually pay attention to Andy's twitter page and feed you would know that the photos for the article were taken in their street clothes and in the studio. Personally I think that they havent changed as a band they have grown and know that they are loved a respected by the BVB Army. Why would they give in when they always say "never give in, never back down"?
    August 16th, 2012 at 09:17am
  • x1x1x1x1x1x11

    x1x1x1x1x1x11 (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    26
    Location:
    Canada
    Ok.. No offence, but I personally think that this whole think was a waste of your time. Black Veil Brides have taken pictures without their make up before, it's not a big deal. I've noticed they've changed a lot sometimes, but they're still the same people.

    Andy's still the strange, deep voiced, lovable and passionate guy he was before.

    Ashley's still the girl crazed, weird, sexy, funny and smart "outlaw".

    CC? What can I say... CC's CC, crazy, beautiful CC.

    Jake and Jinxx? Nothing's changed, they're still them! Both hilarious, amazing guys!

    Change is part of growing up... They're all 21-28 years old, after a while, they've probably gotten tired of the same "warpaint" designs, that's why they've changed them. Even in the slightest ways!

    The music might have changed a LITTLE, but they still have that distinct sound to them that makes them Black Veil Brides. Isn't that what matters anyways? The music and what it means? Not their appearance or how they've "changed". Andy, Ashley, CC, Jinxx and Jake mean the world to me, I'll love them and their music even if they change. If you're truly part of the BVB Army, you'll love them and the beautiful noise the make, no matter what.

    No, I do NOT believe that they've "given in to the haters". They'll fight them until they die. Doesn't Andy always say: "never give in"? Well I don't think he's a hypocrite.

    To all the haters out there reading this: I hope you've realized how stupid you are for calling them faggots or fags or emos or freaks. I'm a freak as much as they are, and that could be a lot, or a little, depending on who you are and if you like me or not. I'm part of the BVB Army.. We stand together, strong forever. I'm proud to be one of "them". "Proud in all you are, showing every scar, as your badge of honor" And on behalf of Black Veil Brides and the rest of us: Never Give In.

    - Kaitlyn
    August 15th, 2012 at 08:03pm
  • MiyaVanity

    MiyaVanity (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    26
    Location:
    United States
    Not to mention in there new interviews and posts they are such different people. I'll miss the old Andy and the old BVB cuz this new one is making me feel sick... Sad sure there growing up but damn...I wish they could have given us a warning before this happened. Selling out isn't the end of the world but to me I feel like its gonna happen to BvB and it's killing me. Blood on the dance floor has top my charts for music. I'm scared to even buy a new BVB shirt or bag...I hate how music gets ruined (not sayin BVB is ruined)
    August 15th, 2012 at 09:47am
  • MiyaVanity

    MiyaVanity (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    26
    Location:
    United States
    I all agree with this...BVB was my life but after seeing all of this stuff...they remind me of another band, I miss the old BVB the new is ok but it's not them it's like, when Andy got his new girlfriend (Juliet Simms) it like he changed for her. I miss being able to stand proud of Being a part of the BVB army and family and it's turned into me just putting them off as my top bands. I love the music but the look was what sold it. To be outcasts with our war paint our crazy make up, our freaked out hair but now...I looked at that picture and wanted to cry cuz to me they looked like another 1 page band poll in a AP magizen I have a poster of the REAL BVB the perfectly fine OLD BVB who I feel in love with not this band...I want the old BVB army back!! Sad
    August 15th, 2012 at 09:41am
  • Sonshine.

    Sonshine. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    26
    Location:
    United States
    I have to agree with TeamTonyVincent, 100%. I used to love Black Veil Brides and their message to the public, not even their looks. I absolutely loved We Stitch These Wounds, but nothing can touch the Sex and Hollywood EP. The entire band started making all this hype for Set The World On Fire, and I was so excited! "Yes, another album from these guys!" I remember thinking that until... the day it came out. I listened to the entire album, and... nothing. I wasn't dazzled. Not even in the slightest. I liked The Legacy, and Fallen Angels was okay, but that was it. The rest of the tracks were pure mind-numbing romance songs that had been overdone time and time again. I remember watching the music video for Rebel Love Song and not even understanding it. My friend and I watched it a few times going, "What the hell is this point of this?" We still can't even see the point!

    I miss the Knives and Pens days. Not even just the music, but the lineup as well. I feel that bands should evolve, because if they don't, that's the same droll thing over and over. But like TeamTonyVincent said again, they didn't conform, or evolve. They sold out. But things happen in the music business, and so is life, in my opinion. Kudos to them for still having fans, and making music they like. I'll keep listening to music I like, and life goes on.
    August 15th, 2012 at 05:34am
  • Average Lifesaver;;

    Average Lifesaver;; (655)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    I have to agree with some of those below me.

    Although I'm not a big BVB fan, I'm kind of familiar with them. Their image isn't the most important part of being in a band, their music is. And as long as their making music that you, and the whole BVB Army, enjoy than it shouldn't matter whether his hair is down to his ankles or shaved off.

    They are growing up, so things are subject to change, especially their looks. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Andy stop being called Andy Sixx and switched to Biersack? That shows his growth right there.

    Don't worry about them selling out, or anything like that. They're just maturing, and that's certainly not a bad thing.
    August 15th, 2012 at 02:58am
  • Majesticorn

    Majesticorn (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    Falkland Islands
    I don't like Black Veil Brides' music, nor their look. I don't even like the glam rock look. I'm not saying they are shit, everyone is entitled to their opinions, but I seriously can't appreciate them. The pic is from one of the issues of Kerrang! magazine where I believe they were in the studio. I was even surprised they were so made up for a simple studio thing.

    I'm a fan of a number of bands like Lostprophets, MCR, Green Day and The Blackout, and they all changed and grew up to become even more inspirational as they grew up. It's part of the life of a good band. Lostprophets used to wear baggy jeans and fucking sun visors and now they're wearing skinnies and vests. But they didn't do that because thet were pushed to it ; their singer went along with the emo phase that hit the world around his 30's, but the man is a mystery of narcissism and self-consciousness. But he never changed, nor did his band's music. Actually they'e grown up to produce what I consider one of the best albums I own, The Betrayed.

    If you consider BVB as a good band, even if they haven't been here long enoug to be as musically inspirational as MCR or LPS are, then you shouldn't worry about them changing style. Trust them, if they only have a litle integrity they know what they're doing. As much as a bastard Biersack is, and as much as I consider he can't handle the cocky attitude as Ian Watkins can, let this band be. I don't think they will disappoint you, and they'll still be a pain in my arse... And their music a pain in my ear.
    August 14th, 2012 at 11:19pm
  • marsflor

    marsflor (105)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    24
    Location:
    United States
    Er, it's called growing up. A band's music progresses and so does it's imagine. It doesn't mean they've sold out. I wouldn't know, actually; I'm not a fan of their music. If they say, "Oh, yeah change your image to please people!" then yes it is giving in to the 'haters'. But if they just decide to tone down their insane fashion and attire, it doesn't mean anything. They're maturing. Now, if they're doing it for stupid reasons because they think it'll be more beneficial, and that it'll attract fans, then it's just pathetic. c:
    August 14th, 2012 at 06:13pm
  • shadowek

    shadowek (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    they haven't changed their music it sounds the same the only thing that has changed is the warpaint etc.. it's called growing up.. everyone goes through an embarassing emo, (scene etc) phase at some point during their teens, i know i have, the only difference is that they had theirs whilst in the limelight... everyone's freaking out for nothing..
    August 14th, 2012 at 03:39pm
  • Crazy_Peep

    Crazy_Peep (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    27
    Location:
    United States
    I think every band goes through different phases, some are more noticeable and other not so much. Whether it's how they look or sound, or just personal things going on in each and every one of their lives. Also, it was just a photo shoot for a magazine, they don't have to get all their stage make up on for every little thing that they do. Plus, it's nice to sometimes see a different side of a band, the more calm and 'normal' side. That's just my opinion though.
    August 14th, 2012 at 08:17am
  • xxTearsICryxx

    xxTearsICryxx (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    26
    Location:
    United States
    I agree with this. I've been into BVB since 2010, and... They've changed. A lot. Like, they're all caught up in their sudden fame..
    August 13th, 2012 at 08:01pm
  • BeccySaysRawr

    BeccySaysRawr (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    26
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    They haven't actually stopped doing the makeup. That picture (it's from Kerrang! magazine) was taken while they were recording in the studio, so they obviously wouldn't go full out on the makeup. It's been toned down a bit, but everyone changes their style. When asked about the picture Andy said the theatrics definetly aren't gone and they do still wear makeup for shows.
    August 13th, 2012 at 03:41pm
  • ptvjaime

    ptvjaime (1600)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    If you ask me, as a former fan of BVB, I think they haven't conformed, I think they've sold out. Their first album was amazing, full of songs about being yourself, being who you are and fuck the rest of the world because you don't care. But then Set The World On Fire comes out, and it's really just a bunch of love songs. I don't need BVB to sing something like Rebel Love Song or Die For You or any of that crap because every other band I listen to already does. It's not unique, it's not innovative, it's not new. It's just a way to draw the fans in, especially the female fans because God knows they have a huge following of females thanks to the fact it's a band composed of attractive men.

    And I think they're cocky now. Come on, they've been around for a few years. They don't have a legacy to back up their song. If they stopped playing tomorrow, people would notice for maybe a decade, but all in all, most people wouldn't notice. They're not Queen. They're not Motley Crue. It annoys me when their fans compare them to that because they're not the same. They might have called these bands their inspiration, but they're not even close to the same league. They might have worn make-up reminiscent of KISS, but let's face it, KISS actually has a legacy. People actually notice them. People mostly don't notice BVB because, shocker, they're not a huge band.

    And, for the record, I'm not religious at all. But to me, it seems quite pompous to call yourself a "saviour" no matter what context you're doing it in. That's not for you to get to decide.

    I could not give four and a half fucks if they never wear make-up again. Honestly, I was tired of the whole KISS look, warpaint and lipstick and whatnot, and I hope they leave it off. There's nothing that squicks me more than wondering how it must feel to sweat all of that stuff off, and it probably feels gross. Plus, it takes a lot of time to put it on, and Andy can use that time to realize he has fans who actually like his music, not his look, and he should start remembering they exist. Too many fans have talked about him being rude, and he needs to stop it and remember BVB isn't a huge band. They rely on their fans to get word out about them because they're not mainstream enough to just rely on their music. And, hell, I can't count how many people I've talked to who only know BVB because they happened to look up Juliet Simms's boyfriend after the Voice.

    I'm sick of Andy. I'm sick of his cocky attitude, thinking he's better than he is. I'm sick of him thinking he's all that because he has fans. And I really wish BVB fans would stop idolizing him with his attitude, it's making him worse. Of course, maybe people who care about the warpaint will bring him back down to earth.
    August 13th, 2012 at 02:28pm
  • Perfect Weapon

    Perfect Weapon (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    Hm, I see what you are saying and can understand where you are coming from. However, I personaly have to disagree with you, the band will always be themselves and stay true to that, I don't think anything can change that. There more relaxed photo could just be the style they were going for.

    Even with that aside, interests change, so while last year, the band was covered in metal, leather and paint, thats what they were interested in. Taking on a softer look doesn't mean that they are giving into haters, it just means interests are changing. Besides, the band still encourages fans to be themselves, and wear the war paint and not care.

    I guess what I'm trying to say, is just because they aren't as made up as they have been in the past, they are still black veil brides, and will always be the black veil brides.
    August 13th, 2012 at 04:08am
  • PoeticMess.

    PoeticMess. (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    Is the music still great? Yes? Then who cares what "style" they are now?

    And as for what you feel in your heart... you could be completely wrong. Boys that care that much about being who they are don't change for anyone but themselves. It doesn't matter what you feel in your heart, they're the same people they were. Who cares what they look like now. They're still being themselves, isn't that was BVB is all about?
    August 13th, 2012 at 01:08am
  • screammusic

    screammusic (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    26
    Location:
    United States
    I honestly only recognized Andy in that picture, and if I hadn't seen photos of him like that before this: I wouldn't have. It's wierd seeing them with out it. I agree sort of. I think some of it is them growing up and some of it may be they were getting too used to it. I mean, if I used the same look everyday I'd be extremely bored. But your article was very well written <3
    August 12th, 2012 at 11:36pm
  • itsKatastrophe.

    itsKatastrophe. (145)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    @Radke

    I totally understand what you mean because they are also rooted in me as well. I personally don't think that they changed just because they were told to by a record company. For one, they don't seem like the kind of people that would, of course I can't say as I don't know any of them, but still. Also, they're appearance is a huge part of what made them sell in the first place. I honestly think they are just trying to find their place and their style. It happened so gradually that I can't really believe it was purposefully done. And that was the whole message of Coffin right? Laying to rest the 'old' and making way for the new?

    I also understand what you mean about it being hypocritical, but honestly, it happens, especially in the music industry. People change so they can sell and I've seen it happen way to much to even care any more. As long as they stay rebel rockers and stay true to themselves, I'm behind them. If it ever came to light that they did change just because they were told to, I'd be pissed, but I'd still love them. That's just the name of the game.

    I feel like I'm debating politics :)
    August 12th, 2012 at 10:33pm
  • youth and whiskey.

    youth and whiskey. (415)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    27
    Location:
    United States
    @ itsKatastrophe.

    I get what you're saying, and I agree. But this band is deeply rooted into me, I do care about the reason their changing because if it is for the wrong reasons, their message doesn't mean a hill of beans anymore. That's the point I'm trying to make. As I said, if they're changing for funsies and it's because all what they personally want, cool - I'm all for it. But if it's because a record company told them they'd sell more shit if they changed or if they decided "Maybe if we change we and our fans will stop being hated on so much" then no, fuck that, their message would be a hollow meaning and I don't want to support anyone like that.
    August 12th, 2012 at 10:19pm