TV Joker Jeremy Beadle Dies Aged 59

TV Joker Jeremy Beadle Dies Aged 59 TV presenter and general funny man, Jeremy Beadle has died after a short battle with pneumonia. Aged just 59, it has been said that, Beadle had his close friends and wife Sue with him at his bedside.

Beadle was well know in the industry for his work on programmes such as, Beadles About, and You've Been Framed; all of which aired on ITV. He was loyal to his work at ITV, and over his years worked hard to pull in audiences in excess of 15 million.

He was also known for his significant work with childrens Leukaemia charities, throughout his career and it has been recently estimated that he has raised more than £100 million for this and other charity work. Recognition for this work didn't do un-noticed as in 2001 he was awarded with an MBE.

It was in 2005 , that Jeremy was first diagnosed with cancer of the kidney, he was said to have never let his condition affect him. And went on to release a series of books and carry on working on a television show. He received a succesfull operation and it wasn't until he went for a routine post-op medical checkup that it led to him being diagnosed with leukaemia.

On 25 January 2008, it was reported that Beadle had been admitted to hospital and subsequently entered an Intensive Care Unit due to severe pneumonia. He died on 30 January 2008, aged 59.

Henry Kelly, Beadle's co-presenter on Eighties hidden camera show Game For A Laugh, said:

"Jeremy and I were firm friends for nearly 30 years. I loved and admired him and I shall miss him desperately. My thoughts are with Sue and Jeremy's family."

Latest articles