Rihanna Admits She Still Loves Chris Brown in Candid Interview on OWN - Comments

  • itsKatastrophe.

    itsKatastrophe. (145)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    Although I personally think she could do better, it's good to see that they are at least trying to sort things out amongst themselves. We don't actually know how close their relationship is now so we can't just jump on her for decided to trying again. I think she makes a good point about how he has a problem that needs to be fixed because well, it's the truth. All abusers have problems that need to be fixed. Personally, I hope they work things out and at least remain friends because it's obvious that she has strong feelings for him. However, if he does it again and she stays, that's a different story.

    I think we should focus more on the fact that the media and Chris Brown's fans still worship him and act like he's not an abuser. That is what really scares me.
    September 7th, 2012 at 02:15am
  • Freeing Conscience

    Freeing Conscience (1445)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    Australia
    @ GiaTortilla
    I agree 100%, if you have a man in your life who TRULY loves you, he will NEVER put his hands on you. Rihanna deserves better than Chris Brown.

    Very nicely said GiaTortialla :)
    August 24th, 2012 at 03:23am
  • Gia De La Muerte

    Gia De La Muerte (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    Having witnessed an abusive situation with my parents, and even my mom's relationship with her boyfriend, I know very well it's not simple to end things cold turkey. There was something about them that attracted them to each other in the first place, so it's obvious that it would be hard to let go. However, that's what saddens me to see, is when two people are too attached to each other, even when they become abusive. It's almost sad to be honest, I mean that kind of love is just the wrong kind of love you need to have. If things were okay before Chris would of never ever put his hands on her, regardless of what they are arguing about. Like Shorty said, those pictures were very brutal and I find it hard to imagine a person who truly loves you doing that. In a way I feel very bad for Rihanna, it's like she lost touch with herself. I don't feel like she has a positive self esteem that she once had. She's too focused on Chris and I think that sets a bad example for other girls who look up to her. Do I blame her? Absolutely not, but I think she has that kind of will power to overcome this and let go of the past. So it saddens me that she still remains in that spot, she deserves better. You can't help who you fall in love with, but there comes a time when you need to make a decision that's going to help you in the end, even if that's cutting all ties. Again that's just my stand point, I can't speak for her when I don't know exactly how their relationship was. Maybe it was really good before, but it's a shame how it ended. I just think it showed Chris' true colors. Rihanna really does deserve better, regardless of how I feel about her, everyone deserves some kind of happiness.
    August 24th, 2012 at 03:11am
  • Sara_K

    Sara_K (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    I think Rihanna has daddy issues. Like I said in comments before, I watch a lot of Dr. Drew and think I'm way smarter than I actually am. But Drewsky always says that women who are with abusive men have more likely than not been abused themselves.

    Honestly, it makes me sad. Nobody deserves to be treated that way, especially by someone they love. I honestly hope she moves on and can find peace with herself. She seems so troubled. It's true that we can't help how we feel about someone, but sometimes it's better to move on, and I think that's what she has to do.
    August 23rd, 2012 at 08:14pm
  • hello love.

    hello love. (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    there'll always be a part of her that loves him, and good on her for realising/accepting that, but i can't honestly believe that he loves or loved her. there was a part of him that thought it was all right to hurt her - we've all seen the pictures. he brutalised her. i think he'll always have a power over her because he was her first truly serious in the public eye. they're both seperated from normality together and they're shut in together - they coped with the pressure and lack of privacy together and it was when she was first starting out, so she probably depends on him a bit. i don't think she'd be smart to take him back - he didn't try to act sorry in any way, he just posted immature comments on sites like twitter acting like he'd 'gotten away' with it.

    i don't see how they can still be 'close friends' yet it's 'awkward' to see him...

    i think he'll always have a power over her and he'll use it to his advantage. i'd like to know what his girlfriend thinks about all this, though.
    August 23rd, 2012 at 02:24am
  • recounts

    recounts (300)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    Australia
    Because Barbados is an island country, I wouldn't refer to it as Rihanna's "home-town".
    August 22nd, 2012 at 01:51pm
  • sdfewsdfew697

    sdfewsdfew697 (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    43
    Location:
    Afghanistan
    n2012 comes, in order to thank everyone, characteristic, novel style, varieties, low price and good quality, and the low sale price. Thank everyone
    ==== ( http://zzb.bz/LNmmL ) =====

    we accept PAYPAL/credit card payment and all the products are the FREE shipping .

    ——————-

    Air jordan(1-24)shoes $33

    UGG BOOT $50

    Nike shox(R4,NZ,OZ,TL1,TL2,TL3) $33

    Handbags(Coach lv fendi d&g) $33

    Tshirts (Polo ,ed hardy,lacoste) $16

    Jean(True Religion,ed hardy,coogi) $30

    Sunglasses(Oakey,coach,gucci,Armaini) $12

    New era cap $9
    ,
    Bikini (Ed hardy,polo) $18

    FREE SHIPPING
    ==== ( http://zzb.bz/LNmmL ) =====
    August 22nd, 2012 at 05:14am
  • KaylahJ KAM

    KaylahJ KAM (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    26
    Location:
    United States
    I watched that. I love that she was so open with everything. She's so down to Earth. Great Article :)
    August 22nd, 2012 at 03:51am
  • Queen of Suburbia

    Queen of Suburbia (315)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    I think she has every right to still be in love with him. We can't change who we fall in or out of love with. It's just got to be her decision on whether or not he's changed or has stayed the same. I honestly do not think she should go back out with him after what he's done to her in the past, but that's her choice.
    August 22nd, 2012 at 02:34am