Beyoncé's "I Was Here" Music Video

On Sunday, August 19th 2012, super star Beyoncé Knowles released her very anticipated music video for her single "I Was Here" from her fourth studio album, appropriately titled 4. The video was released as the official theme for the world-wide launch of World Humanitarian Day, orginized by the Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs, also known as OCHA. The OCHA has named the song "I Was Here" as the official song of World Humanitarian Day, held on August 19th 2012, to spread the objective of doing something good in the world for someone else.

The video starts out with a simple message:

August 19 2012
World Humanitarian Day
One day, one message, one goal. To inspire others all over the world to do something good, no matter how big or small, for someone else.

The official music video was pre-recorded on August 10th 2012, during a live performance that Beyoncé gave at the United Nations General Assembly held in New York, New York. The "Run The World" songstress is seen taking the stage in a beautiful, floor-length white gown designed by decorated fashion designer Marc Bouwer.

As Beyoncé belts out the inspirational ballad, a giant screen set up behind her plays images of United Nations aid workers working together on-scene in places of extreme devastation all over the world.

The music video did a fantastic job in conveying out to the world its simple message: to leave our footprints and do something to make a difference in the world. The new mother, Beyoncé, did a marvelous job in globalizing World Humanitarian Day and we have no doubt that her huge fan base will embrace that message.

Check out the video here, and comment to tell what you thought of the video. Will you made a conscious effort to do something good for someone else? I know I will.

Share what you did to make a difference at IWasHere and take part of the global movement.

Source

Wikipedia

Latest articles