Foxboro Hot Tubs To Release 13-Song LP

Foxboro Hot Tubs To Release 13-Song LP With little known about an upcoming Green Day album, alleged sideband Foxboro Hot Tubs are to release a 13-song LP and a 7" single on Jingletown Records, sources announce.

The band first made an announcement via their Myspace page that the new single and LP were to be released soon on Jingletown Records.

Specific dates for the release are yet to be announced.

Both the band's Myspace page and the homepage for Jingletown Records have posted banners of the 7" single, on which the songs 'Mother Mary' and 'She's A Saint, Not A Celebrity' will be released. Free downloads of Mother Mary are available off the record website after signing up for their newsletter.

Mother Mary also hit number 16 on the Billboard Modern Rock Chart this week, climbing steadily from the number 30 it had entered on in early February.

Rumour has it that the new record label is also owned by a member of Green Day, specifically lead singer Armstrong, due to the record label's name. Jingletown was a town that formed part of the American Idiot rock opera, adding yet another link to the Foxboro and Green Day relationship.

Yet while recently it has been speculated that Green Day may be headlining the Reading and Leeds festivals in the UK later in the year, few other suggestions have been made as to a rough release date for their 2004 American Idiot follow up. Along with Pinhead Gunpowder shows, it appears that Green Day have been, if somewhat, secretly busy.

Also, a very happy birthday to Mr Billie Joe Armstrong, who celebrated his 36th birthday last Sunday.

Latest articles