So Long to My Chemical Romance - Comments

  • reckless-lullabies

    reckless-lullabies (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    I was gutted when I found out that this was the end for them. We could only hope that they pull a "fall out boy" and be back in a while but we all know that isn't going to happen. at least were pretty sure its not going to happen as much as we may so very much want it to. These guys have always been there and it is going to be weird to continue to grow up and not have them there anymore when they have been there since I was in grade school.
    February 11th, 2014 at 04:42pm
  • Dancing.With.Myself

    Dancing.With.Myself (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    I lost track of them after Black Parade, but I was a fan from the very beginning. From what I see, they had a good run though.
    October 6th, 2013 at 01:17am
  • lozzieee who.

    lozzieee who. (610)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    They will be sorely missed - they were fantastic musicians together, and the music they produced made life easier for many fans, including myself. They got me through some pretty rough times and were one of my gateway bands that broadened my musical horizons. A group of fantastic men, their chemistry was incredible and I'm sad they're gone. I genuinely hope they are happy, because they all deserve it. They're so good, even my dad liked them.

    Fantastic article and beautifully written - thank you for writing.
    April 21st, 2013 at 02:41pm
  • Rowan_Primrose

    Rowan_Primrose (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    35
    Location:
    Singapore
    The band that saved over millions lives, and also mine.
    I can't never pull out from my darkest hour of life a few years back if not from the help of My Chemical Romance. I am trying to feel sad or devastated to hear of their split up, not that I am happy either but I guess, deep inside my heart I understand that they need to get back to their normal life after committing their long career in music industry to help us through in our darkest hour. For that, they deserve to have this long awaiting break.
    I do hope and believe that this is not the end of them and we will heard more of them again in future.
    To me, they are legend of their own right and to quit at their still shining and Golden era, is a great ending for them.
    Thanks My Chemical Romance ~ Gerard Way, Frank Iero, Ray Toro & Mikey Way (and maybe Bob Byar) for giving us fan the greatest music and guiding us to our sanity.
    You guys are my legends!!!
    April 15th, 2013 at 10:43am
  • Mogar.

    Mogar. (250)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    I grew up with this horrible life. I was raised on country music and I'd never listened to anything like MCR before I was held back in 7th grade and met my current best friends. One of them loved them so much, she burned me a few CDs of their music.

    After getting me hooked on them, she started me in the wonderful world of fan fiction, to which I became invested in. I wrote like a crazy woman, in class, out of class, whenever I had an idea, my pencil was on the notebook page then later on the keys.

    I admit, the stories suck. Read the few I still have up if you don't believe me. But MCR was my start to branching out my music and they were my start to writing. They were how my best friend and I bonded for a while.

    It's so cliche, but they did save my life. They were with me for a good portion of the 10 years I was being sexually, physically, mentally and emotionally abused. They were with me when I was crying, when I felt so hopeless and I had a piece of glass against my skin.

    Some of my first Favorited videos on youtube were them. I cried when I heard the news, though I hadn't focused myself on them in a while, I cried. Because they mean so much to me. I'm sad to see them go, but I understand and I hope they have amazing lives and they are happy.
    April 15th, 2013 at 10:40am
  • Silly_Little_18

    Silly_Little_18 (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    After I found out that I couldn't go to a Pierce The Veil concert because it was sold out, a friend of mine texts me saying that My Chem broke up. I called her a liar. She sent me a link to their site. While I was reading it, I literally broke down and cried. I couldn't get through the whole thing because it felt like every sentence ending was just another nail in the coffin. People on Facebook were complaining that they keep getting MCR stuff in their news feeds and I'm like, "You don't know what they mean to us so shut the fuck up." I had to deal with staring at my t-shirts and wondering if I could ever wear them again. But I did the following week. And I got "Hey, did you know that they broke up?" while they had fucking smiles on their faces. It was like they were expecting me to freak out. Inside, I was dying. Outside, I was a stone. I had to realize that they had a family with children and that if they keep touring and making music then they would have time to see them grow up and to enjoy life. I accept their decision. It took a bit, but I accept it. My Chemical Romance will live forever in my heart. They are infinite.
    April 15th, 2013 at 12:46am
  • DizzzyHurrricane!

    DizzzyHurrricane! (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    I was gutted when I first heard the news about MCR's split. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the post on their official website. I told myself that they were just going through some troubles with the record label and it would all be okay but then the next few days later, Gerard's letter came out on twitter; I just legit broke down into tears. My Chemical Romance has made such an impact on my life. They were one of the bands I always listened to in school and when I went to college. I was absolutely devastated but I respect their decision. I'm so grateful I got to see them at the Leeds festival before they ended. That night was incredible but if they are happy to move on, then I am happy for them to do so. I'll always love them and I'll never stop listening to them. They'll forever be one of the most amazing bands to exist and I don't think anyone will ever forget them. Without them though, I wouldn't be who I am now and I want to thank them for helping me get through some of the hardest times of my life.
    April 14th, 2013 at 07:31pm
  • stallion duck.

    stallion duck. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    27
    Location:
    United States
    To be honest, I was wondering when an article about the band was going to come out. I cried for days on end and even had a nervous breakdown in the middle of lunch at school. Although I am not happy, I am perfectly content with the fact that they are still the guys we all know and love even thought they are not together as a band. We always have Gee with his comics and Frank with his music(Frank without a band is like a fish without water) they'll never be forgotten. I'm pretty sure Ray is producing shit and Mikey... he might be a WWE announcer. Who knows? They told us to be true to ourselves and they're just doing the same. The band had run its course, and they wouldn't let it become something it was never suppose to be. It was a perfect machine. They ended it while it was still golden and that was the best thing they could have ever done.
    April 14th, 2013 at 06:22pm
  • kariajaderose

    kariajaderose (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    My Chemical Romance got me through my angsty early teen years, and when my grandmother developed cancer when I wad 13 this music gave me something to scream and cry to, it gave me hope that broken things like my family could be fixed.

    ~I solute them.
    April 14th, 2013 at 05:29am
  • sabrina's auticorn;

    sabrina's auticorn; (100)

    :
    Bibliophile
    Gender:
    Age:
    35
    Location:
    United States
    :(

    I grew up with MCR. I was sixteen when i started getting into them. I've listened to them since then. Never stopped. My favorite song was Welcome to the Black parade. I miss them so much but I did send a letter to Gerard. :D So all is good!
    April 14th, 2013 at 04:48am
  • Harlot4Vengenz1

    Harlot4Vengenz1 (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    United States
    I cried, reading this article. Like a bitch. My Chem has been my heart and soul for the last 9 years of my pathetic life and though they will carry on, it upsets me that I can never see them again, nor can I take my son Frankie (The irony of my life... his father's name happened to be Frank) to see them any time soon.... I was 8 1/2 months pregnant when I last saw them in concert (I wasn't being irresponsible, I sat in a seat, in the balcony, ironically surrounded by kids I went to school with who I didn't know liked MCR, who I'd never talked to in my life) and after the show I got to stay after and meet Frank Iero. I guess that should've clued me in that something drastic was about to happen with-in the next few years (Cause this was back in 2011) because my life is full of that kind of shit... I meet a man who has helped save me in more ways than one, with no chance of getting a picture with him.... I vow that the next time I see them would be with my son and I would beg to have my son meet the rest of the band (Because I plan on MCR being his favorite as well) and then BAM... 2 years later, they split and I'm like NOOOOOOO. I can't go along with my plan!

    Anyway, I'm talking rubbish! I liked this article!

    Carry on!
    April 14th, 2013 at 03:47am
  • Stomachaches

    Stomachaches (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    27
    Location:
    United States
    There's always hope and I don't think Gerard and them would ever leave us even if they tried. They love us too much!!! I am sad but slowly recovering. :)
    April 14th, 2013 at 03:36am
  • Killjoy8990

    Killjoy8990 (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    27
    Location:
    United States
    I was devastated by the split. But aside from what Gerard has done for his fans and Frank jumping back into the music scene, during the summer we can at least look forward to the comic that Gerard and Becky Cloonan are doing together :)
    April 14th, 2013 at 02:43am
  • Luna Rey.

    Luna Rey. (200)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    I'm absolutely gutted that they split. Shocked me. I'm devastated that I'll never to get to see them perform live. I will always love their music, and support everything each member decides to do next. I respect their decision, although it's definitely heartbreaking, and I'll very happily welcome a reunion, if they so choose. My Chemical Romance mean an awful lot to me, and always will. Lovely article.
    April 14th, 2013 at 02:23am
  • burning.

    burning. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    27
    Location:
    United States
    I wasn't ready for this. Cry Great article, though! It was perfectly executed. Long live My Chemical Romance.
    April 14th, 2013 at 01:42am
  • kim wonshik.

    kim wonshik. (2255)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    Great article! I'll never forget My Chem, I made great friends through their music. :)
    I really just wish they'd go on tour one last time, though. I never got to see them in concert and I was totally going to go the next time they did one. Cry
    And I couldn't stop laughing when I saw "Every Snowflake is Different" on YouTube. It was just so cute, and I actually like Yo Gabba Gabba compared to other children shows. I was proud of them. tehe
    April 14th, 2013 at 01:35am
  • You'reJustASadSong

    You'reJustASadSong (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    26
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    That was amazing, I really enjoyed reading it. =)

    I do miss them so much though, despite it only being three weeks since the announcement ;-;

    Uhh, this was so accurate and well worded, thank you. c=
    April 14th, 2013 at 01:24am
  • Mr. Darcy

    Mr. Darcy (16090)

    :
    Article Editor
    Gender:
    Age:
    27
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    @ Marissa.Motionless
    That article was the site's april fools joke. It even says so at the top of the article.
    April 14th, 2013 at 01:13am
  • Marissa.Motionless

    Marissa.Motionless (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    27
    Location:
    United States
    Whats up with this http://pupfresh.com/post/46826796833 then? Is some people thinking that they broke up a prank or...
    April 14th, 2013 at 01:08am