The Blood on the Dance Floor Epidemic - Comments

  • @ Raventhemusicangel Actually, part of what you said isn't true - I am a STICKLER for older men! :') I have so much respect and admiration for Benedict Cumberbatch and Ben Willbond; both people pushing 40 and one of whom I have the phone number of. I honestly have NO issues with people being 'too old' at all. I was just using his age to reflect his image and the lyrics he writes is all, and not at all the way the fans dress because I too used to dress that way. I never once said I 'hated' them, and the introductory paragraph was just a little snippet of my weird British sense of humour. They have a little more success than I have (being a student I should hope so too, way too much on my plate) so I respect that they have gotten where they are, as I respect any group/artist for actually getting anywhere - even if I dislike them or the method they used for getting there (X-Factor and shows like that being a prime example of a method I don't agree with...). Being an ex-fan, I wanted to air my views on why I no longer listen to them amongst The Beatles and Bon Jovi. There are articles that give opinions, and I recently got an A grade in English Language for writing one as such. I myself have a tattoo, so I have no issues with those; I was using it to exaggerate my point. I love the bright hair and everything, and I too used to dye my hair no end of colours, but it also aids his narcissistic personality (which is clearly evident in his behaviour when you research it a little). I don't agree with the 'kill yourself' thing that I have seen a lot of fandoms do, but while I was gathering for this article I kept seeing people saying they had lost respect for Dahvie, and fans and then Vanity himself would bite back viciously. I believe social networking does literally act as a way for cowards to tell people what they can't face to face and a lot of 1D fans do that, you're right. But they have to accept, like everyone else in the world, that people have a different opinion. It's honestly a demon. That's why if I have beef with someone, I wouldn't A) broadcast it online where everyone and anyone can see, and B) even think about replying to someone with something vulgar and cruel like that. And if 'haters make them famous' then why are you moaning? Surely you could just comment with a simple 'thank-you'? The contradictions appear when they preach the 'haters make me famous' mantra, yet send bitchy comments and hate back at anyone who, excuse me using this as a verb but, 'hates' on them. Fair enough if they are your role models, I totally respect that. I just grew out of them personally and formed an opinion like you and everyone else who has commented, but everyone has different tastes and different interests over time.
    June 27th, 2013 at 02:14pm
  • Okey so seeing as I am a massive blood on the dance floor fan I'm going to criticize. First off who doesn't make a hate song, look at Taylor swift all her songs are about hate and how it's all the guys fault. Second so what if David is " pushing thirty " does that really make a difference I'm sure some of the artists you like are not exactly 18 either and that should be something that they are proud of. Their still in the music industry even though" their soo old". Yes there older songs were dirty but not once have I ever been able to listen to sexting or ima monster while staying mad, they put me in a great mood. But then you have their songs like believe and you are the heart, which gives you hope. Espesially because a lot of fans don't exactly dress like everyone else so when parents start pulling their children away from you you kinda feel all alone and like a freak. Their songs make you get through it and botdf has saved so many lives. Oh and what on earth is wrong with the way Dahvie dresses at least HE CAN BE HIMSELF! And one direction fans have told us repeatedly to kill ourselves just cause we don't like one D. And last but not least is that fact that you are totally disagree with haters making them famous. What's even more hilarious is that YOUR dissing them. But it's in public, your informing people about them and then a lot of people start to listen to them so yeah haters really do make them famous. Sorry if that was mean but don't write such a baised article on hating a band. Botdf are my heros and my role models. SGTC FOREVER <3
    June 20th, 2013 at 04:15am
  • This is probably the best article I've read on Mibba so far. Please keep up the good work Very Happy
    May 15th, 2013 at 06:01am
  • Even though the article was slightly aggressive, I enjoyed it. It was the right amount of sassy.

    The first song I heard from them kind of made me sigh. Everyone has their tastes and what not, and I respect that (I mean, I'm a Nicki Minaj fan for Christ's sake :P), but the person behind the microphone is nearly as important as what they sing.

    While everyone makes mistakes, there's still something to be said for the people who witness these mistakes. Face it everyone, we subconsciously imitate people we like, and this is not a 'media is evil, die in the fire satanic illuminatus strewn media' rant. Media is great when used correctly.

    Fan or not, I believe there is something to take from this figure-- whether you choose to act like him in negative ways, whether you choose to learn from his mistakes, and last, but certainly not the least, the enjoyment of music!
    April 25th, 2013 at 06:14pm
  • We all make mistakes , dahive made mistakes like we all do ,
    April 22nd, 2013 at 10:55pm
  • @ CreativityLover312

    It's okay! Very Happy
    April 21st, 2013 at 08:32pm
  • I'm not agreeing with the article or the fans at this point. I may be numb to aggression through the written word, and I apologize for that, but I still feel fighting fire with fire (or aggression with aggression) isn't helping either case. The facts are what they are, and if the band has helped someone through a hard time, which I can honestly relate to, then they can't be all bad. I'm sorry again if I offended you, really I am. @ Marko'sGirl
    April 21st, 2013 at 12:31am
  • I believe that this article is lashing out too aggresively. Dahvie may have done some bad things, but we're all human, and we make mistakes.

    He's not a horrible person, or a saint. He's both, but at different time; but I don't see why you have to lash out so aggresively towards the band. They help people.
    April 19th, 2013 at 04:56pm
  • @ CreativityLover312

    But this article is lashing out aggressively. Your argument is invalid. Sorry mate.
    April 19th, 2013 at 12:01pm
  • @ Archives of Pain
    You're right. Unfortunately, in the court of public opinion, that will follow him for a long time. I'm not saying I agree that he's a horrible person, or that he's a saint, just like I'm not completely good or bad. We're all a mix of good and bad traits, and I just think idolizing anyone-good intentions or not-is not always a wise decision to make. Getting upset over someone's differing opinion certainly won't sway them, and will probably have the adverse effect of justifying their complaints, and that's all I really wanted to convey. I'm sorry if I inadvertently upset anyone.
    April 18th, 2013 at 02:01am
  • All I have to say, is enjoy these links everyone.
    http://www.underthegunreview.net/2013/02/28/new-years-day-merch-guy-opens-up-about-blood-on-the-dance-floor/
    http://neuroticnikky.com/2013/03/22/honest-review-of-blood-on-the-dance-floor/
    April 17th, 2013 at 05:00am
  • I also wrote a paragraph outlining the more recent songs that were slightly more 'inspirational', but it was cut sadly.
    April 17th, 2013 at 01:08am
  • @ Airi.
    It was a joke. I was doing it for effect.
    April 17th, 2013 at 01:00am
  • @ RebelBullet
    Whoa, hey, it was just an opinionated article, just as anyone would put up about Margaret Thatcher or John F. Kennedy. I was a fan years ago, but have been observing since leaving the fandom. Certain things struck a chord and so I wanted to write an article giving an opinion. Some people will agree, others won't. That's cool, we all have the first amendment and we all have free speech. I don't feel I'm spreading ugliness by writing an opinion as you would see in any newspaper anywhere. People are going to have different views, or views you disagree with in the way they are written.
    April 17th, 2013 at 12:59am
  • @ KATExoxo94
    They do preach a message of love, yes. And I used to think that was innocent (well, as innocent as BOTDF can be) enough. But when I saw Dahvie telling a girl onstage that everyone 'hated her guts' (hate being the opposite of love here...) it kind of confused what messages they were sending out to me. That's basically the gist of this article. I completely understand that a lot of fans don't follow in the footsteps in that sense, but there are a few who take it too far. That's all.
    April 17th, 2013 at 12:55am
  • @ AutisticAlice
    I completely understand what you mean, and the JB and 1D thing was just to include fandoms with names. I personally have no issues with those two, regardless of some of the silly things Bieber does sometimes (Anne Frank-gate). I wouldn't want to aggressively 'hate' on an artist because, hey, they have a bit more success than me currently. But it's just opinion.
    April 17th, 2013 at 12:51am
  • @ minuscule.
    I agree completely that BOTDF are not alone. I love tattoos and piercings etc, I just used it (as I do find some of Dahvie's quite... Interesting) to make my point. I had just been following things on twitter after leaving the fandom and felt quite strongly about the hypocrisy is all.
    April 17th, 2013 at 12:47am
  • @ Marko'sGirl
    What facts have I spoken of that are wrong? Being an ex fan I completely understand the identification with them, but honestly I was just expressing my opinion from being an outsider for a few years. I am simply giving my opinion on why they aren't on my playlist alongside The Beatles and David Bowie. If they changed your life for the better, then that's great and I'm so glad for you. They didn't change mine however, and everyone has the first amendment, or free speech. You don't have to agree with it and that's fine.
    April 17th, 2013 at 12:45am
  • April 17th, 2013 at 12:39am
  • @ CreativityLover312
    Biased does not mean the something is stated without evidence or backed with incorrect fact, it can present one side of an argument. Not providing certain facts can completely change how something is understood. An example on a global scale is imagine hearing about the conflict between the Palestiniens and Israelis from one side. The Palestiens have valid points about the Israelis having setelment in within Palestine and Israel cutting off supplies. The Israelis have a valid point when they Palestiniens are sending rockets into Israel that cause harm. Another example is the American Civil War. Before the war, the south's agriculture based economy relied on slave labor to function. For Southerns having slaves was vital to their livelihood. In the North, the economy was based on industry. They were right in saying slavery violated human rights, yet the Southerns were correct in their assertions too.

    In a court of law say someone is charged with a crime that could lead them to be executed or spend a long period of time in prison. Would it be fair to that person for the jury to just hear from the prosecution? Would it be fair for the victime for the jury to hear just from the Defense?

    Dahvie has never been convicted of a crime, and in the US, at least, that means he is not guilty.
    April 16th, 2013 at 11:31pm