McFly and Busted Announce Tour

The noughties were a prime time for boy bands. Tried and true artists such as N*Sync, Backstreet Boys, Westlife and Hanson were riding off of the success they had received and were receiving. Amongst the midst of the greats, however, a new breed of boy band was emerging. Guitars, cute haircuts and catchy melodies are all characteristics used to describe the wave of British boy bands emerging from 2000 onwards. Two of these bands have always been inextricably linked; Busted and McFly. The two bands achieved commercial success almost straight away by combining all three of the above with charming personalities and anthemic live shows. Following in the footsteps of what many see as their older brothers, McFly were the vastly more successful of the two after differences in the band split up Busted just 3 years after their conception.

However, 2014 brings an exciting prospect back to the table for fans of both bands. After 10 years pursuing their own music careers and personal lives, Matt Willis and James Bourne of Busted are back, joined by the boys from McFly!

The former members of Busted announced that they would be performing a string of UK dates with McFly last month. The union of the two bands wasn’t a surprise to many; they had already performed a few one-off shows as part of McFly’s 10-year anniversary dates at the Royal Albert Hall, but that hasn’t stopped the supergroup from becoming a massive commercial success. Dates have sold out right across the country, with second and third dates already added to many cities in order to deal with the extraordinary demand that McBusted have created. The shows boast songs from the back catalogues of both bands and some songs have already been showcased through the annual fundraising programme for Britain’s Children in Need.

Fans of Charlie Simpson may be disappointed however – the Fightstar frontman and former member of Busted has confirmed that will not be joining the rest of his bandmates on the tour, instead choosing to focus himself on his solo career. He has, however, tweeted his support of the venture through his personal Twitter account.

The McBusted tour begins in April and is already 38 shows long. Tickets for available dates can be purchased through Ticketmaster or any other UK ticket retailer.

Latest articles