Catfish: The TV Show - Comments

  • keigo takami.

    keigo takami. (205)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    93
    Location:
    United States
    It's been years since I saw the movie, but I like that Nev turns his story into other people's story, and helps them get answers and gain closure. It's a great MTV show, one of my favorites. I used to think by a few seasons, the show would end because, at this point, it's easy to discover who is real and who isn't. It's easy to go ahead and do a quick image search or run a phone number online. It's crazy that this show is still going and that the stories are getting even wilder! I recall there being an episode where a girl was having her images taken, and this other girl was Catfishing as her and using it to bully people. Or that this guy was Catfishing more than 500 women and documented things about the women he talked to. It's interesting to watch as a viewer how much people can be blinded by love.
    April 5th, 2019 at 11:09pm
  • Fuck You Mibba!

    Fuck You Mibba! (135)

    :
    Ghoul of 2016
    Gender:
    Age:
    92
    Location:
    United States
    I remember in the very late 90's discovering the world of Yahoo chat rooms ... talking this way and that way with total strangers, sometimes being myself, sometimes lying through my teeth. Creating new usernames and hiding the fact that I was a "fat" girl every once in a while, seemed a fun thing to do as a 15 year old, never succeeding to convince anyone who I truly was because when I was growing up I half self-esteem issues. The things we do.

    And that is where this movie comes in. Meeting people online, checking out their profiles and thinking , "yeah ... not bad", talking more online and getting to know them and developing feelings for this person, God knows where on the planet, typing their words to you and maybe, just maybe feeling the same way.

    And how much of it is true ?

    This was an intriguing watch, playful and suspenseful and by the end, full of heart that is a far cry from the gripping thriller documentary style movie portrayed in the trailer but nevertheless, I enjoyed the movie and the TV show for piecing together something many of us have done ... but just not to these extremes. As I grew up I learned to love myself and I stopped all together being someone I was simply not. I am a fan of the show. As a grown woman I have met people online but being myself and it has worked for me which is sadly what I can't say by most of Nev's clients. This is an amazing article and very well written. You managed to describe the show for what it really is.
    September 6th, 2016 at 03:47am
  • error404

    error404 (950)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    Brunei Darussalam
    @ Rachel-Marie
    I'm glad we share the same opinion on the matter! :)
    February 13th, 2014 at 09:29am
  • Rachel-Marie

    Rachel-Marie (205)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    I love this show! It definitely sends a message that people have to be way more careful online, because anyone can be fooled. One of the best shows MTV has ever put out!
    February 11th, 2014 at 07:14pm
  • DA7X6661

    DA7X6661 (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    36
    Location:
    United States
    @ sans sheriff.
    I completely agree :)
    January 29th, 2014 at 07:23am
  • error404

    error404 (950)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    Brunei Darussalam
    @ DA7X6661
    I'm also not very fond of it. I'm glad MTV got something right for once.
    January 28th, 2014 at 09:32pm
  • DA7X6661

    DA7X6661 (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    36
    Location:
    United States
    I cant stand MTV...but i actually like this show..ive been lied to by two different people..one wasnt a love interest but a friend..who got her friends to lie to me but the other was a guy who lied about his identity..ugh i hate liars but im so glad for this show
    January 28th, 2014 at 06:10am
  • error404

    error404 (950)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    Brunei Darussalam
    @ Jayme112234
    It definitely is a real eye opener when it comes to the dangers that social networks can cause to us emotionally.

    @ ptvjaime
    I couldn't agree more with you! I have the same level of mentality as you, but unfortunately there are others out there who are easily blinded by love or any source of affection it may give.
    January 11th, 2014 at 07:36pm
  • error404

    error404 (950)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    Brunei Darussalam
    January 11th, 2014 at 07:34pm
  • ptvjaime

    ptvjaime (1600)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    I love this show, but to me some of this is a no-brainer. I mean, if someone is consistently dodging you or backtracking and mixing up lies, I'd honestly question how much they love you in the first place.
    January 11th, 2014 at 04:14pm
  • Jayme112234

    Jayme112234 (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    I love this tv show... I had never heard of being catfished before and it gave me a real insight into this sort of thing and to be a little more careful who i speak to on facebook.
    January 11th, 2014 at 03:28pm