Jay-Z Touring With Linkin Park

Jay-Z Touring With Linkin Park Linkin Park as a band is sure to never let down when it comes to their music videos. The fourth video for the latest album, Minutes to Midnight released in 2007, happens to be the third track on the CD/DVD combination. The video is sure to be no different than their other singles.

The six member band took March 15th and March 16th off to film the video which is being directed by Joe Hahn, a member of the band and he's also directed several of the bands' videos in the past. The video was shot in front of a green screen in a warehouse in Van Nuys, California. The short film takes you inside a day in the life of Linkin Park, of course, that's if the band lived in a futuristic vessel in space.

"Joe wasn't even going to write a treatment for this song, We'd received a number of treatments, and we were kind of bummed out, because we weren't connecting to any of them. And then, out of nowhere, we get a treatment from Joe in an e-mail, and we just loved it. It was random, out of nowhere, and it fit the song perfectly. I really like this video, because it's different from everything else he's done with us before. It's this sci-fi thing, which is fun. We've never really done that, and when I walked onto the set, I thought it looked like 'Battlestar Galactica.' " MC, Mike Shinoda, said of the video treatment.

"We're explorers in space, just like when we go on tour," said Hahn. "We're leaving our home life behind, and I guess it kind of ties into 'Leave Out All the Rest,' in that we have to leave things behind in order to do something better."

Rick Rubin, Minutes To Midnight's producer, was the first to recognize Leave Out All The Rest's potential to be a single according to Mike Shinoda.

"When we were in the studio, working on the album, this song was one of the ones that I was personally pretty attached to," said Shinoda. "I remember Rick, of all people, who never says stuff like this, because he's more of a guy who either likes a song or thinks it can be better, and usually it can be better. I don't know if it's just that he sets his standards so high, but he never says things like, 'This is a single.' But when he heard this song, he said, 'This sounds like a massive single.' For us, when we write a record, we don't think in terms of singles. In our minds, every song is a single."

Latest articles