Avenged Sevenfold Shooting a Video For "Dear God"

Avenged Sevenfold Shooting a Video For "Dear God" Avenged Sevenfold wants their fans to be part of their band, it seems. There are various 'missions' for their fans through their online fan club, the Fallen, and now their fans are getting the opportunity to go down in history: they could be in the band's new video.

Dear God is the last song of Avenged Sevenfold's latest self-titled album, which was released 30 October 2007. The song is about a person who asks God to take care of his female love, "when I'm not around, when I'm much too far away". The song has clear country influences and is less 'head bang-ish' than the rest of the CD.

This Taste of Chaos tour Avenged Sevenfold is headlining. Taste of Chaos is a tour with various rock bands, which tours a great part of the world. Avenged Sevenfold headlines the American version.

"You've probably heard the buzz already... So we'll confirm it." says the band's bulletin, send 24 March. "A7X WILL BE SHOOTING THE VIDEO FOR "DEAR GOD" AT ALL THE FLORIDA TOC DATES THIS WEEK!" The band asks their fans to come to their Florida Taste of Chaos shows with a sign referencing the song and they might show up in the video.

Three hours later the band posted another bulletin, titled "TO CLARIFY DEAR GOD SIGNS". They explicitly tell their fans again that the signs will have to be taken to the shows and not send in anywhere. Online entries, they say, will not be accepted. Everything that has to do with the song 'Dear God' can be on these signs and they encourage their fans to be creative.

The writer's humble opinion in this case is that she hopes the video won't only be material shot at the live shows. She however encourages this active fan-ism, hopes actions like these will be in her country sometime soon too and wishes everyone the best of luck with creating their signs.

Latest articles