Richard Widmark Dies At Age 93

Richard Widmark Dies At Age 93 Richard Widmark, an actor that made an astounding debut as a bad boy actor. His first role being the giggly actor in 'Kiss Of Death'. He stared in over 40 other action packed movies, including lead roles in movies such as 'Broken Lance' and 'Two Rode Together'.

The actor's wife, Susan Blanchard, stated that he died in his home on Monday. The funeral arrangements will be private, also. He reportedly died of a long term sickness.

"It was a big shock, but he was 93," Blanchard said.

Widmark moved onto his role in 'Kiss Of Death', a film in which he took delight in pushing an old lady in a wheelchair down to her death, in 1947. The role won him an Academy Award nomination as a supporting actor. it was his only mention for an Oscar.

"That damned laugh of mine! For two years after that picture, you couldn't get me to smile. I played the part the way I did because the script struck me as funny and the part I played made me laugh. The guy was such a ridiculous beast." He told a reporter in 1961, of his laugh.

When he was off and not being bothered by anyone, he and his wife lived on a horse ranch in Hidden Valley, California, or on occasion a farm in Connecticut. Their daughter Ann is the wife of baseball immortal Sandy Koufax.

Latest articles