Tré Cool to Host Golf Tournament, Foxboro Hot Tubs Release New Song

Tré Cool to Host Golf Tournament, Foxboro Hot Tubs Release New Song Music In Schools Today have announced that Green Day drummer Tré Cool is to host their second annual charity event, a golf tournament, of which all proceeds are to benefit MuST and the music programs for the schools of the Oakland District.

To be held at the Sequoyah Country Club in Oakland on April 21st, the event will feature golfing with various musicians, including Cool, a live auction of which Cool is to auctioneer, live entertainment and raffle prizes.

Cool has also been listed as one of the solo level sponsors to contribute to the cause, meaning a donation of $1000 on his part. He is also the only celebrity not be sponsored by an outside company, instead being self-sponsored.

Funds obtained from the auction are also to be placed towards the charity, with items such as an autographed Tré Cool drumkit, accomodation at various resorts and hotels and luxurious guitars up for grabs. Prizes for the best teams will also be included at the event.

In other news, alleged Green Day sideband Foxboro Hot Tubs have released a new single via their Myspace page, titled 'The Pedestrian'. Similar in style to the other songs released, The Pedestrian bears resemblance to Green Day songs such as Shoplifter.

The Foxboro Hot Tubs have also released the image for their upcoming debut album, which includes the names of six new songs, Sally, Alligator, 27th Ave. Shuffle, Dark Side of the Night and Pieces of Truth, as well as The Pedestrian.

Just as other alleged sideband The Network had, the FHT have been created shortly before Green Day are due to release their new album - 2008 - and has led many fans to hope that this is a sign that the new album will be out soon.

Latest articles