McFly to Scrap Sixth Album to Hit the Studio with McBusted

When two of British pop’s biggest names – McFly and Busted – amalgamated to create supergroup McBusted, fans of both bands were delighted. After the initial set of venues were announced, the dates sold out quickly, prompting them to add not only a few dates, but enough dates to make the tour a whopping 32 dates long. After such success on the live front, it isn’t surprising to find out that the group will be bringing out a new album – but at what cost?

The McFly boys confirmed that the ever-anticipated sixth album and follow up to 2010’s Above the Noise will not be released as planned, with talks of the songs that were recorded even being scrapped. In its place, an album with two-thirds of Busted – Matt Willis and James Bourne – is cited to be in the works very shortly, with writing and recording set for after the tour finishes in early June. Drummer Harry Judd confirmed that plans for this album were already underway before the tour even began, but due to several factors, was unable to be solidified before the first date kicked off in Glasgow.

Although this is great news for fans of the supergroup, it does pose an important question – will McBusted see the end of McFly as a group? They have already assured fans that the supergroup will not get in the way of their aspirations as a four piece, but with the scrapping of the latest album and the rise of McBusted, rumours are already starting to surface about the future of Britain’s longest-running boyband.

Latest articles