Gingerbread Houses

Creating gingerbread houses is a popular Christmas time festivity for many people. This fun event allows families and friends to come together to reach a similar goal, and the best thing about it is that it is great for both adults and children alike. People of all ages can participate in gingerbread house making and use their creativity to make a one of a kind gingerbread house.

The tradition began in Europe when bakery shop owners realized that cookies transformed into shapes sold better than plain ones. It quickly became a competition to see who could make the most intricate designs from cookies, and that is where the gingerbread house was born.

Since then, people have turned gingerbread house building into an art form, creating life like gingerbread houses and intricate mansions made from gingerbread. Designs have even strayed from the original house into ships, landscapes, trains and all other sorts of objects. Although new designs have been popping up, the classic gingerbread house is still a crowd favorite.

Creating gingerbread houses is a tradition that has been around for generations, and will surely grow in popularity in the following years. If you're looking for a fun, new tradition to bring into your family this holiday season, give gingerbread house making a try and see if you are the next Van Gogh.

Latest articles