Top Ten Valentine's Day Movies

With Valentine’s Day on the horizon, everyone is searching for the perfect thing that could make this weekend into the best date with their significant other. But, what could be better than a set of movies after a dinner? Whether you're spending the day with the love of your life, your best friend, your mother, or your cat, we’ve got the list of films that you should be watching. The dinner planning is up to you, but we have everything else ready for you.

1. Little Manhattan

What is better than your first love? This 2005 film follows Gabe (Josh Hutcherson) as he enters the sixth grade and finally realizes that girls don’t have cooties. While his parents are waiting for their divorce to be finalized, he panics and realizes that he and Rosemary (Charlie Ray) might not be together forever. He attempts to win her over permanently and the backfire makes him realize what love really is.

2. The Vow

Rachel McAdams and Channing Tatum may be the best combination since cookies and milk. In this romantic film, Paige (McAdams) loses her memory after a car accident puts her into a coma. Unfortunately, she doesn’t even remember meeting her husband, Leo (Tatum). In the meantime, her ex-fiancĂ© (Scott Speedman) and her emotionally absent parents are trying to get her back to who she was before she met Leo. Her husband is determined to rebuild the idyllic marriage that they once had before the accident.

3. The Lucky One

There is only one thing that U.S. Sgt. Logan Thibault (Zac Efron) believes kept him alive throughout his three tours in Iraq; the photo of a woman he has never met. Beth (Taylor Schilling) is shocked when he rushes over to meet her and takes a job at her family-run kennel. A romance blooms between the two of them and Logan begins to learn that Beth is more than just his good-luck charm.

4. The Last Song

One summer, Ronnie (Miley Cyrus) and her younger brother are sent to spend the summer with their estranged father. Despite the fact that she wants nothing more than to be back home, Ronnie ends up catching the eye of one of the beach’s locals, Will (Liam Hemsworth). But, family tragedy and differences in college choices teach Ronnie that she doesn’t need Will when it comes to being there for the people that matter.

5. Stuck In Love

In this film, a successful writer is struggling with his own depression and raising his two children after his divorce. While his daughter Sam (Lily Collins) doesn’t believe that love is the right path for her, his son Rusty (Nat Wolff) wants nothing more than to get the attention of a girl he’s always had his eyes on.

6. Letters to Juliet

When Sophie (Amanda Seyfried) decides to visit Verona, Italy with her busy fiancĂ©, she stumbles across a letter which was written to Shakespeare’s tragic character Juliet Capulet in 1957. So, she decides to write back to the author, Claire (Vanessa Redgrave). But, when the duo sets out to find Claire’s long lost lover, they are accompanied by her grandson, Charlie (Christopher Egan).

7. 50 First Dates

Finally, a romantic comedy is placed on our list. Henry (Adam Sandler) sets his hearts on a gorgeous blonde that he spots at his favorite diner. But, he soon discovers that she suffers from short term memory loss after a car accident involving a pineapple and a cow. Lucy (Drew Barrymore) can’t seem to remember anything that happened the day before. Henry sets out to woo her again every single day while attempting to convince those who love her that he’s truly in it for love.

8. Clueless

Cher (Alicia Silverstone) has spent her entire life nicely nestled in the shallow society that she was born into. But, when she is unhappy with a grade, she starts to realize that her teacher will most likely give her a better grade if he is happier. So, she works to set him up with another teacher. Fueled by her success, she takes on the challenge of giving a hopelessly clueless new student, Tai (Brittany Murphy), a makeover. But, when Tai starts to get more popular than Cher, Cher notices that her ex-stepbrother might have been right all along.

9. 13 Going on 30

Jenna (Christa B. Allen) is sick of being a 13-year-old in junior high with only one friend (Sean Marquette). So, she spends her time fantasizing about what it would be like to be an adult. Overnight, she is magically transformed into the 30-year-old (Jennifer Garner) that she always wanted to be. But, when growing up isn’t as easy or as fun as she expected, she searches for her old friend Matt (Mark Ruffalo) in an attempt to get her life back together.

10. Nick & Norah’s Infinite Playlist

Nick (Michael Cera) likes to spend all of his time obsessing over his ex-girlfriend until her close friend Norah (Kat Dennings) suddenly shows interest in him at a small bar. Unexpectedly, the two are set into a sudden night while they keep running into his ex-girlfriend while searching for Norah’s best friend who is engaged in a drunken bender. Nick’s band mates join the duo while they realize that they are right for each other.

Latest articles