Will Judith Survive? - Comments

  • Fuck You Mibba!

    Fuck You Mibba! (135)

    :
    Ghoul of 2016
    Gender:
    Age:
    92
    Location:
    United States
    I believe Judith has a purpose on the show. She is a miracle baby and making it this far says something about her character and the others as well. I wouldn't want to actually see her in harms ways just like any other of the characters we are so used to, so hopefully it doesn't happen.
    September 6th, 2016 at 03:25am
  • warmaiden

    warmaiden (6085)

    :
    NaNoWriMo 2015
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    this is a super interesting take on judith's character. though i've never read the comic books (still know that many of our favs die), i figured judith in a realistic perspective would probably have perished a long while ago, but i do think it would be amazing if they kept judith alive. the possibilities are endless. &, let's face it, she's probably not the only baby that was born during the apocalypse.

    i think-like a lot of people as well as yourself have said-judith is a symbol of hope & happiness. we've all seen characters undergo their moments of helplessness, especially those who've lost children of their own like michonne or carol.

    there are so many things i can see judith growing up to do. she'd definitely follow in her father's footsteps & grow up in a world where human interaction is minimum & all those outside of a group are questionable; a world where walkers threaten the land & there's more to worry about than just that.

    i want to see the next generation where children are raised without the sanctity of a home, warm food or showers, & always on the run from one place to another. judith could be the start of all that in a world that will never go back to the way it once was.

    brilliant article!
    June 16th, 2016 at 01:36am
  • fifthghost

    fifthghost (655)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    ~ POSSIBLE SPOILERS OF SEASON SIX AHEAD ~

    Judith absolutely should survive! They've given her so many close calls because the writers know people will root for a baby. She died quite horrifically in the comics but Judith is an incredibly important asset to the group. A baby gives people hope. She is the beginning; she is part of the structure of the future generations, and with Maggie definitely being pregnant, there's more to add. Of course, Maggie's baby may not survive the pregnancy, that's inconclusive yet, but I do believe the writers would not lose Judith. Plus, Rick would be so lost without Judith (or Carl) and his moral compass has already become fairly skewed since the beginning of the show.

    I believe it would be interesting to see her grow up, but I don't think they would skip so far ahead as to show her at adolescence. Maybe in some future seasons, we'll see her a small child, but a child who has the survival skills of one brought up in the wild as she has been.
    November 18th, 2015 at 12:47am
  • Freewolf.xoxo

    Freewolf.xoxo (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    27
    Location:
    Australia
    @ atmos

    Yeah, it would be pretty awesome to see Judith grow up from a baby to a child. And haha, Maggie is one of my favorite characters, love her! :) I want to see how being born in the apocalypse will impact her and everyone else.
    June 3rd, 2015 at 10:59pm
  • Freewolf.xoxo

    Freewolf.xoxo (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    27
    Location:
    Australia
    @ everythingburns

    Yes, I totally agree with you! Carl and Judith help Rick keep his sanity. He's already at the verge of going in-Shane. I would be pretty angry if they just kept Judith alive and killed her to show how low the group could go. :( I love your ideas, I never thought of them! I really hope they keep her alive! :)
    June 3rd, 2015 at 10:56pm
  • Freewolf.xoxo

    Freewolf.xoxo (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    27
    Location:
    Australia
    Thanks everyone for the comments & great ideas! :)
    June 3rd, 2015 at 10:55pm
  • reedus

    reedus (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    Wow, this definitely made me consider a different outcome for Judith!

    I think it's important that she is kept alive for Rick's sake at the moment, who knows what could happen or where his mentality would go if she were to die! I think she's being kept alive to show Rick's softer side and as the group's reason to keep going. (Maybe the whole reason she's being kept alive is to build up hope just to kill her off in the future to show how low the characters will get Sad I sincerely hope not of course, but I wouldn't put it past the writers to do something like that!) Judith and Carl are the group's reason to look to the future, so I definitely hope nothing will happen to either of them.

    Great article!
    June 3rd, 2015 at 09:40pm
  • Lunar

    Lunar (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    27
    Location:
    United States
    I think that would be so cool if we saw her grow up. I would like to see her as a young adolescent now that you've mentioned it. That was very clever of you to think of that. I never really thought much of her (my fav character is maggie!) but reading this, I hope they use Judith for something better in the future. If they don't use her in the way you described, I hope they at least don't kill her! little kids/babies dying doesn't sit well with me, haha. Plus, she IS Rick's child, she must have some importance - especially having been born under chaotic circumstances.
    May 31st, 2015 at 07:26pm
  • Freewolf.xoxo

    Freewolf.xoxo (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    27
    Location:
    Australia
    Thank you so much for commenting! This means a lot! Yeah, I'm really excited to see what the writers have in store for us! :)

    @ AJDWriter
    May 31st, 2015 at 06:08am
  • AJDWriter

    AJDWriter (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    This is pure genius! I never even thought of all these possibilities for her. I think it would be awesome if she carried an immunity to the disease since she was born into it. I'm really excited to see what happens with her character. I hadn't realized that in the comics Judith was killed during the governor's assault on the prison. I also didn't realize that in the comic books, Andrea is still alive at the point where the television series is. It really makes you wonder what these TV writers are thinking when they change things around. Either way, I'm excited!
    May 31st, 2015 at 05:10am