Rowling Goes To Court

Rowling Goes To Court Eight Months after Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows was published, author J.K. Rowling is on her way to court. The best-selling author is going to testify in an on going battle against plagiarism.

Steven Vander Ark and his publisher, RDR books is scheduled to release a Potter Encyclopedia. Rowling says that the encyclopedia is nothing but a rearrangement of her own work.

A lawyer for RDR books has decided not to challenge Rowling’s claim of copyright infringement.

Rowling has been noted saying that she is a fan of the website Harry Potter Lexicon site that Ark runs and has been noted as saying that she would go to an internet café to check out a fact rather then buy a copy of her own book.

Vander Ark said that an RDR Books employee told him to publish the website as in encyclopedia it would not be violating any copyright laws.

His court statement makes him sound like an affectionate fan however, saying things like the lexicon enhances reading experience for the novels/

All in all the Harry Potter book series has been printed in 64 different languages, sold more then 400 million copies and made about $4.5 billion worldwide in the box office.

Rowling is scheduled to testify on Monday.

Information gathered from movies.yahoo.com.

Latest articles