Tokio Hotel: One Of The Newest Alternative Pop Bands To Hit The Scene

Tokio Hotel: One Of The Newest Alternative Pop Bands To Hit The Scene Tokio Hotel a small band from Germany started out when the lead singer Bill Kaulitz was fifteen and was booted off a show similar to Star Search or American Idol when he made the quarterfinals. His twin brother Tom plays guitar, friends Gustav and Georg play the drums and the bass. What makes them so popular?

The band was formed in the town of Magdeburg, Germany by lead singer Bill Kaulitz, Tom Kaulitz, Georg Listing and Gustav Schäfer. They all met after a concert held in their hometown. Originally the name of the band was Devilish They changed there name to Tokio Hotel due to them all constantly living in hotel rooms due to touring and they liked the city of Tokyo so in a way they are paying homage to the city of Japan.

At first they only released albums in Germany. The first album that came fro the band was Schrei from which came four singles Durch Den Mon Sun(By the monsoon), Schrei (Scream), Rette Mich(Rescue me), and Der Letzte Tag (The Last Day). All of which have a music video or two that add something more meaningful to the song.

The second album released by the band Zimmer 483 was just as successful and turned out three more singles Übers Ende der Welt (Ready, Set Go), An Deiner Seite (Ich Bin Da) (By your side (There I Am)) and the third Spring Nicht (Don’t Jump) All of which as well have music videos.

They gave their first concert in the U.K. and found that they had a huge fan base there so they decided to release some of their songs in English which results in the third album from the band Scream most of which are tracks that fans are familiar with some that are new. There are different CD’s depending on what part of the world you live in. The CD comes out internationally on May 9th 2008.

Latest articles