The Black Parade is Dead Release Date Confirmed

The Black Parade is Dead Release Date Confirmed It seems like only yesterday that The Black Parade was born.

But on February 2, 2008 in Mexico, My Chemical Romance took over their music and "killed" their world famous alter-egos.

They filmed said murder, and first announced the "death" of The Black Parade in a News blurb on their website, on February 5.

Rumors speculated. Everyone got hyped up for April 22, but My Chemical Romance hadn't said anything about a release date - only dropped hints of it coming out sometime in spring.

Get excited, MCR fans: The Black Parade is Dead officially releases on June 24.
The band announced on their website May 1 that fans would be able to pre-order the long-awaited CD/DVD set on Monday, May 5 - Cinco de Mayo. They also noted that fans would be able to buy a limited edition, which "comes in a coffin case, plus a mask personally designed by one of the band members, and three songs from the CD that will come right to you after you pre-order."

As of right now, it is unknown what CD the songs will be from. It could be from the album that is due to come out sometime in 2009 - though many fans are hoping it comes much sooner than that - or it could be live tracks from The Black Parade is Dead.

Whatever the case, the limited edition is bound to sell quickly, so you might want to think of pre-ordering it as soon as possible. Something about the set is screaming that it is going to be epic.

Latest articles