Mainstream in Photography is BAD!

Mainstream in Photography is BAD! It doesn't take long to surf the net all the way onto an artistic web site. It's not difficult to find good pieces of art, but it's not that difficult to find repetitive examples of the same concept copied all over a community (or more) under slightly different versions, either.

My opinion may not be as qualified or as finished as if I were a professional - but one would have to be, pardon my french, dumb as f***, or (hopefully not) blind not to observe a bunch of trends being interpreted and reinterpreted all over the place upon profiles of "artistic" and "unique" teenagers.

I have given up the count of how many pictures I have seen of a young girl holding a bunch of colored balloons and looking up at the sky, of the same girl lying in the grass looking up at the sky, and of the same girl kissing some guy.

It's sad when you try to discover new artists and all you find is the same old - same old, it's sad to have the sensation that whatever you do, whatever you try to find, you will always get the suffocating feeling that you have seen one and for that matter, you have seen them all. One does not want to see that when searching a piece of art that will bring the sensation of a better world.

Sure, these pieces of work may be a little better than their "relatives", they might have one more ounce of creativity, and, let's hope, they might even be springs of imagination. The problem with the world is, though, that these pieces that are in fact original get copied, and copied, or, perhaps, fully ignored for being unconventional and for not having a gazillion younger sisters.

That is wrong with the world and until that will not be wrong with the world anymore, there is no hope for better.

Oh. Stop taking pictures of yourself in the mirror! They suck so bad, I can't even tell. Or, if you must, at least give up on the flash.

Latest articles