Stephenie Meyer: A Breath of Fresh Air - Comments

  • Please try <a href=https://www.google.com/>Google</a> before asking <a href=https://www.geschichteboard.de/ptopic,100963.html#100963>Cool Onlne Casino Tips</a> 4f9c71e
    September 29th, 2023 at 08:42am
  • Shiznit and radical= agreed.
    :D
    July 17th, 2009 at 11:56am
  • I think that she is a great writer who understates things and pushes questions that we often don't want to think about. And yes sex and violence are a part of the world, but only because everyone lets it. Right now, sex and violence in books are over done and terribly boring. Stephanie writes about characters that speak to people, and if you insult her, you're insulting quite a few people as well.
    July 5th, 2009 at 12:09pm
  • Yeah, but the world is filled with sex and violence.
    May 13th, 2009 at 12:57am
  • I completely agree with Strify.. When I first read the book I just couldn't stand Bella. All she ever talked about was how smart she was compared to everyone, and how mature, and when she wasn't busy talking about herself, she would talk about Edward nonstop. Those books are ridiculous and in no way a "breath of fresh air". Stephenie Meyer is a thesaurus rapist.
    May 1st, 2009 at 04:26am
  • I have to say I agree with a lot of the comments on here.

    Meyers, no matter how much anyone wants her to be, is no "breath of fresh air".

    The first time I read one of her books, I was hooked, but that was WAY back when New Moon had JUST came out. I mean, honestly, I think she should've stopped at Twilight. It really was a good read; no matter how cliche it was.

    So anyways, I had to wait a while between each book, you know? I still loved them though, but as time went on the wait was just too long.

    By the time Breaking Dawn came out, I had moved way past Stephanie and started reading bigger and better things. I started to like authors like Jody Picoult and James Patterson and- of course- J.K. Rowling.

    They all had much more mature writing, and there plots actually made sense. With Meyers, it was like there was this big exciting lead up to the battle in Breaking Dawn, but then just kind of... nothing big happened.

    Also, her writing drives me bonkers. It's just so simple and a lot of people here, on Mibba, write SO much better than her.

    What she wrote is good for teens who don't really like to read all that much, and have no idea as to what mature, compose writing really is. I feel for them.
    April 18th, 2009 at 02:50pm
  • I agree with Ninja Cookie. Meyer is not a "sensation." A lot of her pages are filled with the mindless ramblings of Bella obsessing over edward's beauty. Gag. If an author re-writes the same stuff over and over, then they're lacking in a story.
    April 18th, 2009 at 09:52am
  • Her books are crap, I'm afraid. She can tell a story, but she doesn't transfer it to paper well.
    You can probably condense Twilight into a one hundred page children's book without trouble.
    April 11th, 2009 at 08:25pm
  • I want to write an article called: "A Breath of Fresh Air: A Breath of Fresh Air", but I don't think Mibba will let me.

    I think the only breaths of fresh air are breaths of fresh air. Not people.

    Have you ever tried breathing in a person? It's really hard!
    January 14th, 2009 at 06:45pm
  • In my opinion, The Host was SO much better than the Twilight series. I liked them both, but ... The Host is better. C:
    December 21st, 2008 at 11:05pm
  • ew.
    she sounds like a teenaged girl writing fanfictions on mibba.
    no breath of fresh air there.
    December 21st, 2008 at 04:46am
  • I wrote this article before Breaking Dawn was released, and now that it has been released, I have to say that I'm not impressed.
    Breaking Dawn was a disappointment. The plot was shotty and the work felt rushed.
    I don't think she should have dragged the sreies out for as long as she did.
    Twilight would have been enough.
    And I, like many of the people who commented on this article, also read the series before it was popular. I agree that people are blowing it way out of proportion. Yes, it's a nice quick read, but it's not the best story ever.
    Anyway, I thought I would just let you all in on my thoughts about the series now. :)
    August 25th, 2008 at 08:35pm
  • Stephenie Meyer... a breath of [i]fresh air?[/i] You're kidding, right?
    August 14th, 2008 at 08:03pm
  • Her favourite band is Muse.
    That automatically makes her amazing 8D
    August 14th, 2008 at 03:00pm
  • I'm sorry, but she is just not that good a writer to me. There's nothing remotely original about Twilight and all the characters get on my nerves. It's supposed to be such a great romance, but in the end, I never really care what happens to Bella and Edward. I actually prefer her with Jacob. I get why some people like these books, but they're mediocre at best.
    July 25th, 2008 at 06:05am
  • It's all true! The addiction to her books, the awsomeness of her coolness, and most of all THE BESTNESS OF THE BOOKS!

    That made no ogical sense, but in a illogical way, it makes perfect sense. I hope.
    July 24th, 2008 at 01:00am
  • When I began reading Twilight, it wasn't that big. Now, the entire enterprise is ENORMOUS! I enjoy picking it up once and a while just to escape everyday/ average Joe problems that we mere mortals face. But enough is enough! It's become so popular, some people won't read anything but vampire novels. I'm actually looking forward to the end of the series. Then maybe those people will branch out and realize there's more to life than the 'passioante romance' between Edward and Bella. And maybe we'll finally be able to talk about something besides Twilight and 'how hot Edward is.'
    July 17th, 2008 at 03:36am
  • Meh, she's okay.
    She's not absolutely brilliant, though.
    July 9th, 2008 at 05:36pm
  • well...what do you expect, every story written on here(mibba) is cliché, just like mine. People came up with it so many ideas already that you just have to go with the original synopsis. I mean usually if you come up with an idea its already taken. But I do agree sort of, but it’s the way she writes her stories that makes it awesome. it’s the way is mibbians write our stories that are just awesome. Just like movies. People are like “what to do a movie on now?” and that is why most movies today are crap…to me.

    Anyways, I totally agree with you.

    Dreams can be awesome…yet sometimes depressing.
    July 7th, 2008 at 08:00am
  • it does take a lot of talent to become a published author, but i really can't take the Twilight series
    its a too cliche, vampire meets mortal kind of story. these days, does it seem that pretty much all vampire romance stories seem to be carbon copies of eachother?
    July 4th, 2008 at 01:24am