Hey! Ho! Let's Go!

Hey! Ho! Let's Go! The Ramones, widely considered to be the first punk-rock band, have a large number of albums under their belt. They have fourteen studio albums, the first five critically acclaimed and considered to be some of the best rock albums ever, spanning from 1976 to 1995. That's not including live albums and compilations. The Ramones collection is truly impressive, and they have gained one of the largest fan bases ever. They appeal to people of all ages, sizes and races.

The Ramones disbanded with the death of lead singer Joey Ramone, and their last show was played on August 6, 1996. They are still revered as punk gods, and their influences can be found everywhere in modern music.

On October 2, 2007, It's Alive (1974-1996) is set to come out. It's Alive is a live DVD by the Ramones that will include 118 tracks from 33 performances in 8 different countries from 1976 to 1996. Interviews, photos, and music videos will be included in this two-disc set.

The Ramones have influenced many popular bands, including Green Day (who have gone so far as to name their children after the band and band members), Black Flag, the Dead Kennedys, Bad Religion, and so many more.

Let's hope this new live DVD makes Joey, Johnny, and Dee Dee proud. More information on this DVD release is available on ramonesitsalivedvd.com.

Latest articles