What Is This World Coming To? - Comments

  • Media really should showcase a more diverse group of role models for young women. I can understand a designer having a body-type preference for their clothing lines and all, since they designed it at a certain size, but come on. Popping out twig after twig after twig isn't really all that interesting to look at. Twiggy got famous as a model not only because she was beautiful but because she was DIFFERENT and UNIQUE.
    There is more than one kind of woman out there and individuality/uniqueness should be showcased, not crammed into small pieces of fabric.
    March 11th, 2009 at 03:42am
  • Yes! Perfect! Although I do have something to say about girls who have eating disorders BECAUSE of this peer pressure shit and the media and such. I blame them for having the eating disorder because they cared so much about what they looked like that they were willing to sacrifice their health to look a certain way. People need to learn to ignore the media and ignore the peer pressure and say, "Fuck you I don't give a fuck what you think I'm happy with myself and I don't need you to tell me to lose weight."
    August 9th, 2008 at 04:40am
  • woo hoo go you! i totally agree... each person is different and the healthy weight for them might be different for another person. who cares what size you are? just be happy with yourself is all i gotta say
    August 9th, 2008 at 02:13am
  • FINALLY!
    Someone who agrees with me!
    I've had people who are thinner than me always saying loose weight. Yeah I admit I'm not skinny but I'm not THAT fat either. I have other friends saying I look good the way I do.
    Tell you the truth I'm afriad to loose weight because I might take to the extreme when people are going to start complimenting on how thin I am.
    August 9th, 2008 at 12:20am
  • Be happy with who you are.
    Don't listen to anyone else.
    They don't matter.
    Rock out to your own life, and leave the haters in your dust to wallow in their own pity.
    =]
    August 8th, 2008 at 08:41am
  • I personally agree.
    I'm in that place, in between a size five and three, and every day I turn around and people are either saying I'm too fat or I'm too skinny.
    It gets annoying and confusing after a while.
    I didn't eat for almost three months straight, just having a little bit of lunch and dinner, so no one would notice or worry, because of just one comment someone said to me.
    I mean honestly, if you're going to talk behind someone's back, make sure they don't hear you.
    And then after I lost about 45 pounds and was passing out everytime I stood, they walked over and said I looked great and asked me to join their 'group'.
    I eventually gave up. And now I'm healthy again and feel so much better, being 'skinny' isn't all it's cracked up to be if you're a zombie while being so.
    My entire family is either overweight or underweight, I'm the only healthy weighing one, so I grew up with that. Mostly the overweight part though.
    I try my hardest not to judge, and most of the time succeed, when I see a 'overweight' or 'underweight' person at my school that's alone, I go and sit with them. It's something nice to do.
    August 2nd, 2008 at 12:27pm
  • I agree 100%, I learned all that the hard way after being anorexic for about 6 months until my friends would sit and actually make sure I eat and made me go to doctors etc. People should stop obsessing over weight, life is too short.
    July 26th, 2008 at 06:25pm
  • This is the definition of truth.
    My brother LOOKS anorexic but the thing is, he eats like he would weigh 200 pounds. But he's only 150, and he's 6 foot 3!! I mean, the Earth is so twisted that we judge people by looks. It's horrible.

    Applause, applause for pixish!
    July 25th, 2008 at 05:42am
  • I agree. 100 % xD
    July 25th, 2008 at 02:17am
  • I agree 100%
    July 17th, 2008 at 01:47am
  • People don't become skinny because they like the look, they do it to feel good. Who wants to feel worn out all day?
    July 13th, 2008 at 05:40pm
  • Yeh I agree
    people acctuly ask me "Do you eat that much?" When I'm eating, they say I'm to skinny but I eat more than some people who are bigger than me.
    Mostly how 'fat' or skinny' you are is caused by genes
    July 12th, 2008 at 06:05pm
  • love this you are so right. You did a great job. ^_^
    July 11th, 2008 at 10:09pm
  • very very very awesome article.
    it gets the point across and makes people realize how ignorant they are.


    at least, that happened to me.
    July 11th, 2008 at 07:47pm
  • i agree with you 100%=]
    July 11th, 2008 at 05:54am
  • What I'd like to know, is if everyone who says they agreed with you really did wholeheartedly agree, why does this problem still exist?
    July 10th, 2008 at 10:37pm
  • Well, I do disagree with some parts, but agree mostly. I disagree that this judgment based on weight has happened recently. For a rather long time, a very long time, has this judgment based on weight has been happening. I think it's just getting stronger now.
    Another thing is, there are two types of judgments. One is rude and obnoxious and is not needed. The other is usually about safety. If I noticed one my friends were far to skinny, unhealthily skinny, then I will say something to someone so she/he can get help. There are times when judgment is needed and when it comes to a life threatening thing, then it is needed.
    I think the media and comments made by people do have a major impact. Media usually flaunts what they see as ‘perfect’ and ‘beautiful’, which to me, is defiantly not what they show. Comments made by others, especially those from friends during a fight or old friends, are horrible to say when they are not being helpful. I also think how some people are online are causing problems with people and their feelings with their weight.
    I do agree people need to keep their obnoxious comments to their selves.
    July 10th, 2008 at 09:37pm
  • You're right.

    Or, you should be right.

    Ideally, yes, it would be great for the world to accept everyone and everything for what it was. It really should be like that, and it's amazing that you've got the guts to say it (i think we can all appreciate that). It's us (meaning man) that has changed that perspective; it's our society that's materialistic and judgemental and critical of who we are and what we should be; that's just the way it is, the way it has been...
    (and unless seven billion people reject this idea of reality that's how it always will be.)
    July 10th, 2008 at 07:43pm
  • I completly agree. But I think people should take into consideration there health when there either underwieght or overwieght. I myself am underwieght but I eat alot. I'm also a vegitarian solely for the animals yet when I tell people I don't eat meat they automaticly assume I'm on some kind of diet. Also my friends are conteantly telling me I need to gain weight while they are dieting and boasting about how much wieght they lost or complaining about how much wieght they gained.
    July 10th, 2008 at 05:25am
  • agree! love it. =]
    July 10th, 2008 at 02:20am