Hello? Sex Ed Are You There? - Comments

  • i learned about sex when i was 6. i had no idea what is was, only that it made me want to do it. right then and there with anyone. really, sex ed is really fucking important to safe sex. SOO many teens are having casual sex nowadays and don't use the pill or condoms. there's the morning after pill but it's only available to people 17 and older. Congress must be fucking blind and deaf. dude, 11,12,13 year olds are fucking. i can't imagine how many people are already sexually active in my middle school. there are so many people who already know what sex is. we need sex ed if people don't want kids getting STDs or getting pregnant. i want to and need to know what STDs are and how to prevent them and how they harm people.
    May 19th, 2009 at 01:12am
  • Most people learn about sex anyway, to be honest.
    I never had Sex Ed, and I'm not a virgin, but I'm fine.
    I use condoms, and take a pregnancy test if I get worried.
    That's all you need to do to have sex really.
    I learned techniques through friends and experience, not Sex Ed.
    Does anybody know the UK number for Sex Helpline though? Comment me.

    This is a fairly well-done article, but the issue is seriously not that big.
    If you're really worried, read girl magazines, they contain all you need to know most issues.
    January 1st, 2009 at 12:31am
  • Oh my gash.... I spelt "once" wrong... ah!

    SOrry guys for my lack of attention to what I write... It's been plaguing (sp?) me for a while....
    October 19th, 2008 at 04:33pm
  • I learned like everything from my sister.....
    August 23rd, 2008 at 11:38pm
  • I am SO disappointed that my highschool dropped sex ed.... I think I'm going to go to the school bopard meeting, and try to get it back.

    I was really looking forward to the class actually, I mean, isn''t that the great part of lfe? At the time, sex ed is uncomfortable, but wonce you look back, it's one of the funniest things ever.

    It's not so funny when some girl gets knocked up becuase she doesn't know sh*t about sex.

    I choose the class.
    August 23rd, 2008 at 11:35pm
  • That is a good and informative article. Reminds me when I learn all about this stuff (the videos, and etc.) in 4th grade through 10th grade. Although my parents told me they mention these things to me when I was little.
    August 9th, 2008 at 09:22pm
  • I remember sitting with my friends in sex ed giggling like an idiot because that's just the way I way, no wonder there's more teen pregnancy's, they don't know about all the posibilities of STD's etc.
    August 9th, 2008 at 03:28am
  • We have sex ed at my school to. It's the same stuff every year. Just telling us that if you get 'urges' to have sex, don't. It's a lot like the class on mean girls.

    "You will get pregnant and you will die"

    That's bascially their attitude. They don't really care. One day, two health workers came in and sat with us for two hours explaining it all. They gave us condoms. They showed us how to use different types. They gave us numbers to call if we need help. They even had these goggles that you put on and it makes you see what it's like to be drunk( and if your sight is like this, don't have sex ). They taught us everything there was to know and more. They set up a bus beside the school to hand out condoms to sexually active. They let you pick the flavors =]
    July 30th, 2008 at 01:30pm
  • We have sex ed at my high school but they don't go over the different kinds of protection and prevention other than abstinance. My high school had around 14 pregnancies this year while there are only 400 students just about half of them girls. I find it quite disturbing to be honest, though I still don't blame the sex ed. classes. Illinois was the fifth highest back in 2004. So sex ed. may not help much anyway but I guess it is worth a try.
    July 20th, 2008 at 03:52am
  • i think they cut the classes because of the budget cuts.
    July 16th, 2008 at 09:52pm
  • okay you can know all about that stuff in the halls at school
    but if a student gets pregnant or an STD
    and the parent knoes there is no sex ed
    she is going to blame that
    i think they should have it to get the school out of trouble
    July 16th, 2008 at 04:53am
  • To be honest, the hallways and gossip in my school is the sex ed here.
    July 16th, 2008 at 01:48am
  • Well... There is a simple answer for that boys and girls... The students know more than the teacher!
    July 15th, 2008 at 07:30pm
  • so true!
    my class never had sex ed. and now most the students barely know anything!
    even the lower grades know more than some of the students in my class!
    the gym teacher said we'd cover it but we never did and its left tons of students confused about it all.
    July 14th, 2008 at 06:09pm
  • I completely agree with you.
    Here, it isn't mandatory to take a health class in some schools, even in middle school!
    And in the health class I took this year we didn't cover ANYTHING on sex.
    We don't have a sex ed class a my school, either
    July 14th, 2008 at 04:54am
  • Man... that stuff's been drilled into our heads since like.. what- the second grade?
    I remember the entire class laughing over saying the word breast. [i]Breast[/i]!
    I think we've matured a little since then. I really don't think we need it by highschool after it's mandatory every year before that.

    And there's a small little tid-bit of information:
    Even thoug hthere isn't an actual class for it, they still briefly go over it in health class, and religion if you're in a catholic school.
    Damn.. they minus well rename that class sex-ed.

    But I'll agree with you on the idea that not everyone is that mature, and there are people who are stupid enough to chose to be immature about the subject.
    But they don't need a class for that- If they haven't caught on by now,
    they need something else...
    July 14th, 2008 at 01:16am
  • I agree with you, I think it's a really crucial part of the curriculum what with teen mothers and all that.

    And for the record,
    we used extra-long boiling tubes ;)

    Great article. xxxxxxx
    July 13th, 2008 at 09:16pm
  • What?! No wonder I haven't gotten Sex Ed yet...

    That's fucked up.
    July 13th, 2008 at 02:16am
  • I agree with you, it's horrible that these days teenagers are sleeping around... Maybe this is why they got rid of it where you are? I'm not sure if they've gotten rid of it in California or not, I'm a senior and rather enjoyed Sex Ed, the teacher was great and I learned a lot...
    We've been slacking on our youth and I do fear what the next generation will be seeing as little "hannah montanas" are running around etc... I'm also seeing 13 year olds having sex doin drugs... It's horrible...
    Great article...
    July 13th, 2008 at 01:43am
  • Sex ed is a great idea, even if you think you don't need it. Parents can't always talk about that stuff. My parents never did. Sex ed is a way for kids to learn about something that could really change their lives. A lot of people say that sex is something that needs to be taught/discussed in the home, and it should. But that doesn't mean sex ed should go extinct in schools. Kids need more than one viewpoint on a topic like this, and sex isn't always easy for a parent to bring up. Having sex ed could make it a lot easier on parents who want to discuss it at home, but don't know quite how to start.
    July 12th, 2008 at 09:02pm