Eating Earth - Comments

  • So, so true! You are good at writing articles. I just think most citizens in America are going a little over the limit!!!
    August 23rd, 2008 at 01:36am
  • I loved the article, but now I feel really fat.
    Thanks.
    August 6th, 2008 at 03:29am
  • I agree with this whole thing and the last line gets two thumbs up. This is why I stop eat junk food and switched to a healthier diet (not necessarily vegetarian). I'm ashamed to be in this country with so many people that don't even care anymore.

    Again, I loved the article.
    August 2nd, 2008 at 09:20pm
  • There's a lot of healthy ways to eat meat products for those who don't want to give it up. It's not like everyone who eats meat will die sooner than people who don't. It all depends on how [i]much[/i] you take in. People just need to buy the 90/10 beef (only 10% fat, that's as low as you can get) so it doesn't have all the bad stuff in it. Turkey is much better for you since it's not that fattening. People just need to be informed on the healthy ways to eat meat, and tasty snacks. I'm not sure if Trader Joe's is everywhere in the US, but there's one in my town. They have these wafers that are healthy for you since they're dark chocolate - which helps lose belly fat and stay healthy.
    Basically, if you want to stay healthy all you have to do is exercise and not take in too much food. Even vegans can become overweight and unhealthy.
    July 25th, 2008 at 10:31pm
  • Very well written article =]
    Also, because of the high demand of meat products that are derived from cattle, we are contributing to global warming. Because these products are in such high demand, more and more cattle are bred to meet this, and cows, of course, give off large quantities of the gas methane, which is polluting and partially destroying the atmosphere. Or something like that.
    Obviously no one's saying kill all the cows. But because there are now so many, if everyone cut down on their meat intake, farmers would not breed cattle in such high numbers, and the 'pollution' would decrease.
    I think that's how it works = S
    July 23rd, 2008 at 02:45pm
  • very well written!
    i'm too much of a carnivore to give up meat and stuff, but i never ever eat at a fast food restaurants and I wasn't brought up on sugary snacks. we actually eat a lot of fish and turkey in our household, and all of our fish is freshly caught out of the ocean (my stepdad's a fisherman)
    July 22nd, 2008 at 11:32pm
  • Since most people on Mibba are female teenagers I thought I'd point out that the suggested calorie intake for an active teenage female (like, on Track team, or just runs a lot, or something like that) is actually closer to 2500.
    July 22nd, 2008 at 09:26pm
  • This article had alot of information! I've been a vegie for nearly 7-8 years, I didn't think it was hard to give up meat.. but whatever. I like the final sentance, that we're eating the earth. By killing cows and other animals humanly on farms and not on slaughter house, it actually produces more meat and is alot healthier. Don't eat at McDonalds!!! The slaughter houses that supply their meat kill animals horribly, and very inhumanly!! It's sickening what some humans can do to those poor animals...
    July 22nd, 2008 at 07:39pm
  • I like how detailed you were about what saturated fats and things like that actually do to you. We all know they're bad, but not everyone knows why. You probably taught a lot of people something by writing this.

    And, I appluad the fact that you wrote formally and proofread your article. Your effort shows.
    July 22nd, 2008 at 05:31pm
  • I've been a partial vegitarian since I was 5, but now im a full vegitarian for abouit a year (for the partial part, the only thing I ate was some chicken nuggets) and I'm proud to say at my age (14) I weigh 114 pounds, on average, though sometimes it's 1 pound more or one pound less. So yup, even though I work at mcdonalds and eat junk food a lot xD
    July 22nd, 2008 at 04:51pm
  • Good sauce, we read about this in health class.
    July 22nd, 2008 at 03:19pm
  • Hence, why I became vegetarian
    July 22nd, 2008 at 02:17pm