Meth Massacre

Meth Massacre Meth is a horrible drug that harms others and should not be used. Methamphetamine goes by many names but it is usually known as, speed, meth, chalk, ice, crank, and glass. It is a white, odorless, bitter-tasting crystalline powder. Meth was developed early in the 20th century from the drug amphetamine. It was used originally as a nasal decongestant and bronchial dilator but this drug, over the years, became a monster.

Facts

Methamphetamine-related emergencies increased from 10,400 in 1999 to 13,500 in the year 2000; this is a 30 percent increase. According to the 2000 survey this figure has climbed dramatically to 8.8 million.

In 1994 the national survey on drug abuse it is estimated that 3.8 million people have tried meth during their lifetime. There is a growing population of young meth abusers between the ages of 15 and 20. Injection of this drug is a very common "hobby" and hits the brain in 10 to 14 seconds. Smoking the drug cuts this time in half, making it reach the brain in just 6 to 7 seconds.

"In 2003, 22 meth labs were raided in Jefferson City alone," says Charles H. Nesbit, a researcher from California (article, Methamphetamine Addiction: Speed Still Kills). Among these meth labs were children as well. "In Mason County, Colorado, studies found 50 percent of children found in meth labs had learning disabilities and 90 percent were reliant on inhalers," says Captain Richard Nuzzo. "In Arizona, between 2000 and 2002, more than one-third of children found in meth labs tested positive for methamphetamine from residual contamination." Meth comes in many forms with an average price of $150 per gram of pure substance.

Body

Use of Meth causes severe weight loss, pain in the muscle and joints, excessive activity, and overconcentration on minor tasks. In time, tolerance of the drug develops and the users body needs lager and larger doses to have the same effect. There are many side effects to meth. Diarrhea, nausea, loss of appetite, insomnia, tremor, jaw-clenching, talkativeness, irritability, panic attacks, and dilated pupils. There are also side effects associated with overdoses which are: fornication (Meth Mites), brain damage, paranoia, delusions, hallucinations, and kidney damage. Meth addicts may loose their teeth abnormally fast, a condition known as, Meth Mouth and may have tooth decay.

Brain

Your heart rate, blood pressure, and body temperature increases. As dopamine increases greatly it also produces various levels of paranoia. Some people become suspicious and develop antisocial behavior. Users may become mentally dependant on the drug if, when they go without it, they find the world cold and demanding. In the short term, meth cause mind and mood changes such as anxiety, euphoria, and depression. Long term effects include chronic fatigue, paranoid or delusional thinking, and permanent psychological damage.

Ingredients

People wonder what kind of ingredients are in meth. Well, would you swallow a spoonful of drain cleaner? Care to top off your dessert with a little bit of rat poison? These are just a few of many ingredients in Meth.

Other ingredients include:

  • Alcohol
  • Gasoline additives/Rubbing Alcohol
  • Ether (starting fluid)
  • Benzene
  • Paint thinner
  • Freon
  • Acetone
  • Chloroform
  • Camp stove fuel
  • Anhydrous ammonia
  • White gasoline
  • Pheynl-2-Propane
  • Phenylacetone
  • Phenylpropanolamine
  • Rock, table or Epsom salt
  • Red Phosphorous
  • Toluene (found inbrake cleaner)
  • Red Devil Lye
  • Drain cleaner
  • Muraitic acid
  • Battery acid
  • Lithium from batteries
  • Sodium metal
  • Ephedrine
  • Cold tablets
  • Diet aids
  • Iodine
  • Bronchodialators
  • Energy boosters
  • Iodine crystals

Help

Many people who use meth don't know how to stop by themselves. People who stop using meth may experience withdrawal symptoms. Sudden withdrawal from meth may cause deep depression, fatigue, or even a temporary psychosis (severe mental illness). The most common way to stop meth addiction is simply not trying it in the first place. To stop using meth, think about where you go, who you hand out with, and what you do each day. People need to be wise and not take this horrible drug called meth.

It kills you.

If you or someone you know uses meth get help at stopmethaddiction.com.

Latest articles