Picture Perfect: Or Is It ?

Picture Perfect: Or Is It ? Each of us have our own perception of what beauty is, but are our standards too high? Are we starting to imagine an image of perfection that is impossible to conceive yet the majority of people hope and attempt to achieve?

Some people look at the models in magazines and television advertisements, they know perfectly well that those men and women are airbrushed into what is seen as 'modern day beauties' but they still believe they can get that same flawless skin and wrinkle free face by spending hundreds of pounds on the creams and make-up advertised. Sure they may enhance the quality of your skin but is it worth all that money?

What surprises me is how far people actually go into improving or perfecting their appearance. There is a growing number of people going under the knife in a strive to rid themselves of their physical faults. The desperation of looking good is going to the extent of people alternating their body to something unnatural, something fake. Not only can this go wrong, resulting in the person looking worse but there can also be complications. The most common of which is scarring, but some plastic surgeries can even result in death, luckily however this is quite rare.

Another way that the human population tries to improve their physical aspect is diets. Practically everyone I know would like to lose weight and to be honest none of them need to shed a few pounds. I would understand if they were obese but why do people neither skinny nor large want to go on a diet? It annoys me that there are people in this world literally dying of hunger and we are lucky enough to have food yet people chose not to eat it and throw away platefuls of food just to fit in and look good.

The point I am trying to make is that we don't need to do these things to look beautiful. I know it's hard for some people but we have to learn to love ourselves because no amount of make-up or creams or plastic surgeries can change who you really are.As long as you are pretty on the inside that is what matters because looks wont make people like you and however cheesy this sounds we are all beautiful in some way and like the old saying goes, nobody is perfect.

Latest articles