Costly Cancer

Costly Cancer All around the world cancer patients are struggling now not only to fight their illness but to pay for it as well. One out of eight patients denied recommended treatment because it was too costly for them according to a new analysis from Thomson Reuters. From late stage colon patients, twelve percent of them spent more than twenty five thousand dollars out of their pockets. In a later survey in 2006, it was discovered that costs caused more than twenty percent of cancer survivors to miss needed care. Nearly twenty percent of Americans have trouble paying their medical bills. One out of four cancer patients say that they used up most, or all, of their savings just to pay for their treatment so that they could live. One out of ten say that they used up all the money they would otherwise use to pay for heating, food, electric. Bare necessities. Because of cost rises, insurers are now making it so that patients have to pay twenty percent of their treatment costs. It's true that many of the advanced medical treatments used to help cancer patients are way too expensive for your average patient. Since when did living come to be such an expensive burden?

Latest articles