Ouch, I Hit A Nerve Ending. Again. - Comments

  • I know what you mean my friend in my art class has type 1 diabetes and she used to inject in lessons until a teacher thought it was inapropriate, yet to get to our medical room you have to walk up two flights of stairs I mean if your on a sugar low two fflights of stairs will be alot. its silly if people are pout off needles they can leave the room or turn away for what 30 seconds?
    January 23rd, 2009 at 10:14pm
  • You know, my boyfriend's a diabetic, and I had never even wondered where he injects. I asked him earlier today, and he says that he just does it when he's at home for lunch. Everybody in my school goes home for lunch, so I suppose it's not a big deal. He tries to time going out so he doesn't have to take his insulin when he's out too. But, apparently, it's not because people get uncomfortable, it's because [i]he[/i] gets uncomfortable...he's terrified of needles, blood, anything like that, and he's a bit of a rugby head, so I guess he doesn't want the lads to see his 'weakness'. Silly rugger boys. ;)
    January 12th, 2009 at 12:32am
  • I can probably hardly relate to this topic, not being diabetic myself or knowing anyone who is, but... I have a dislike (one that seems to have no logical source other than pain aversion) to needles, so I thought I'd say that I find it ever so impressive that you do yours at all.
    However, I also think that you should perhaps try to make allowances for those who would leave the room. Sure, they may seem judging to you, but you don't understand their circumstances anymore than they understand yours. Maybe, sometime, someone's reason for being put-off by needles could surprise you.
    January 11th, 2009 at 11:24am