Why Fad Diets Are Not The Best Thing

Why Fad Diets Are Not The Best Thing The truth is: anyone can come up with a fad diet. There are websites that anyone can access and learn to create a fad diet within twenty minutes or less.

Most diets starve the body and can actually cause more harm than good, yet people still buy into fad diets. Why? Because people have become lazy and will believe anything that can “prove” it works. What proof is there really? Are there scientific studies that actual nutritionists and medically trained people have approved? Have the people who have tried the product been able to maintain their weight even off the diet? The answer to these questions and more is: no.

The problem with understanding an actual diet is the mindset people are in. If the word diet is substituted for life style change, the process might become easier.

Instead of jumping into a new fad, stop and think about what you want out of the life style change. Is it to become healthier, slimmer or more energized?

Do your research. Take the time to find what could actually help you and figure out a way you can start substituting healthier food items into your everyday life.

Realize it’s not just the food. It’s a whole process that includes exercise, too. Not everyone has the time to go to the gym, but you can get creative on how you exercise. Dance around your room, singing into the hairbrush; take a walk around your neighborhood; invest in video games that actually get you moving around; jog in place, etc. There’s a way to find some time to do exercise; being lazy is a tired excuse.

Reward yourself. Don’t think just because you “have to stick to this diet” that you can’t kick back and have a Coke or some candy once in a while. It’s all about self-discipline and moderation.

Have fun and invite your friends to workout or diet with you. You’re more likely to stay on track if you have friends to help keep each other motivated.

Fad diets don’t help anyone and they’re just a way for people to get rich quick and scam others. If people would actually stop and consider the lack of real results, the fad diet business would be dead and gone forever. If people would take the time to realize what they want and do a little research, goals would actually be reached and not swept out with the dust of a New Year’s Resolution.

Latest articles