Homemade Remedies for Your Acne

So you are finally tired of buying useless products? Well I have found some amazing products in my kitchen that will most likely be in yours. Homemade remedies are the most efficient way to control those darned things that like to appear on your face.

Now there is a very scientific way of saying why these things on your face appear but I know that you would just like to get rid of them instead of knowing why they are there. I'm not saying that these remedies are going to fix you up in a matter of days like those commercials, keeping your face beautiful is somewhat of a commitment and it will take a while for your face to get better but it will be worth it all. Once you start seeing results you can't just stop using these remedies, it's not going to permanently keep your face spotless. Also try to find out what skin type you are before using these remedies. Remedies work better for specific skin types. Let's start with the things you shouldn't use.

  1. Eggs/ egg whites: In other articles I have read it says that it will help your face but there is a slight chance of you getting sick from Salmonella.
  2. Lemon juice: Lemon yes will help clean and moisturize the pores but really, it makes your skin very photosensitive making it hard for you to stay out in the sun. If you use lemon juice on your face on a regular basis your skin will be harder to keep than it was before.
  3. Tanning: I know tanning is one of the teens most favorite thing to do in the summer but it makes you age faster making wrinkles in your face. Wrinkles + acne = not good.
  4. Perfumed Lotion: Using this on the face can increase acne by a mile. Use perfumed lotion on hands but not on the face. When moisturizing the face try to find one that is not perfumed, and has things like Aloe and maybe cucumber in it. This will moisturize without making face so irritated.

Now that I have given you some things not to do (be sure to check for more things not to use on the face). Lets see the things that will help you.

  1. Cinnamon Powder and Honey: Apply it on face spots, scars etc. at night and remove it with warm water in the morning. (Your pillow case might need to wash more frequently). If this method is used for more than two weeks and no small results are showing, this might not be the best method for you. Remember these are homemade remedies so they take a while.
  2. Garlic: Garlic is a very powerful food and will help fight acne. It functions by purging toxins within your body and helps develop new layers of skin. I'm not sure how this works but if you apply it directly to the spots (not face) in a matter of time they will go away without leaving behind any more marks or scars.
  3. Almond or Oatmeal Masks: This method will thoroughly cleanse the pores. If you at some water and some rose water to mix with the crushed almonds or oatmeal it will make a nice paste. Apply it to the face (pay attention to the infected areas) and leave it on for 15 minutes or so. Wash off with COLD WATER and then dab face to dry. Doing this will also make your face a bit dry so use some non- perfumed lotion to moisturize afterwords.
  4. Baking soda: This is a bit iffy because I have never tried this one. Probably you are not aware that baking soda is used in some cosmetic microdermabrasion treatments and other products so I have read in many articles. You apply one teaspoon of baking soda with two teaspoons of water. Apply to scars (NOT FACE!) for ONE MINUTE! and then rinse with water. Use this method for a few days to see if this helps but I suggest to use the other methods because I am not sure about this one.

Lastly here are some other things you can do for the spots, but not the entire face.

  1. Toothpaste: I use this a lot every other night and then wash off. I doesn't work fast though. S
  2. Salt Water: I have never tried it but make sure to rinse with warm water afterwords and moisturize with non- perfumed lotion.
  3. Rose water: Rinse with warm water after use and moisturize face.

Latest articles