The Views of Abortion

Popular arguments have been firing up these days, including the topic of abortion. Abortion is "the termination of pregnancy by the removal or expulsion from the uterus of a fetus or embryo prior to viability," as defined on Wikipedia [1]. Articles not only on Mibba, but other websites (news, other creative writing, etc.), have had topics about the uprisings of people aborting their children, or just the plain argument in itself.

You can either be pro-life or pro-choice, those are the two main points. I, myself, am a mix of the two opinions. While I do not approve of killing the fetus, it's still life, I absolutely respect the fact that women have their own choices, their own responsibilities, and it's their body. So honestly, I'm just a mix of the two. And I've known many others who are like that as well.

As quoted by the Free Online Dictionary [2], pro-life is "advocating the legal protection of human embyos and fetuses, especially by favoring the outlawing of abortion on the ground that it is the taking of a human life." Basically, what it means is that people that are pro-life disapprove of abortion, to put it in simple terms.

Pro-choice is just the opposite, "Favoring or supporting the legal right of women and girls to choose whether or not to continue a pregnancy to term," as also defined by the Free Online Dictionary [3]. Again, it simply means that people who are pro-choice support the women's right of their bodies and support it.

So, having said the two points of view, the arguments start up. Sometimes, the views are percieved in different ways by different people, therefore preparing fuel for the debate. Statistics have shown, throughout many researched articles, that there has been an increase in pro-life favors, and a decrease in pro-choice favors for the first time.

Abortion has become safer, and is much less likely to harm the woman majorly or kill her in the process, considering what it was like over fifty years ago. Removing the fetus from the womb when it can feel pain is rare and only if absolutely necessary; and despite all this, the pro-choice level has declined.

Latest articles