The ABC Diet - Comments

  • zyla

    zyla (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    34
    Location:
    United States
    This is really a great diet.. i am using it and i love this diet plan alot and also i have write a great article related to this please check it out
    January 20th, 2020 at 10:30pm
  • Lee Hi;

    Lee Hi; (285)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    27
    Location:
    United States
    I am not frightened of many things these days ever since I spent a few years in a old house loaded with spiders, but one thing that really scares me is people. The things they do to themselves, that we do to ourselves, is sickening. I know why people starve themselves but I wish they could see it from our point of view and see how sickening it is. I know that I have issues with my body but I promised myself that I would rather be healthy than be skinny. It sickens me, though, to see something like this and how much people are encouraging it, like it's not a big deal, that it doesn't kill you by eating you from the inside out. It's sad, really.
    July 23rd, 2012 at 10:55am
  • RonnieRadke

    RonnieRadke (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    35
    Location:
    United States
    I did a form of this diet a couple years ago and I'll be honest; it worked. I lost a ton of weight (near 100 lbs) in a seven month period. But as stated in the article, once you return to a normal diet, it can affect you in many negative ways. I put a lot of the weight back on almost immediately, suffered from severe depression, and malnutrition. As much as it may appeal to you in the fact that it can help you use weight, it's not worth risking your health over it. If you want to lose that much weight, talk to your doctor; tell him or her that you want to see a nutritionist and have a safe diet and exercise plan set up for you. One that will work with your body, instead of against it. Do it the healthy, safe way.
    July 21st, 2012 at 07:57am
  • Asphalty

    Asphalty (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    My goodness!I understand how this can be appealing to girls going down this road, but . . . for people to actually advertise it and encourage it? I can't believe that someone would encourage this torture! It's not only very dangerous, but very difficult to come out of.
    July 19th, 2012 at 10:04am
  • lumy.

    lumy. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    This is awful. I didn't know it existed. I could see its appeal to some people, but I wouldn't want to try it.

    There were a few minor mistakes.. such as, you said there were five days of fasting, but the picture showed six.
    July 18th, 2012 at 10:48pm
  • Aris.

    Aris. (375)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    27
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    I was actually just writing an article about this, guess you beat me to it.

    I would like to add it's also promoted by those who are 'Pro Mia' and that, the most likely outcome of attempting this diet is failure to stay within the calories and ultimately depression from that perceived failure. I've had my own run ins with this diet before I was diagnosed, and there is an alarming amount of support for those who engage in it. I found myself gaining followers on Tumblr after announcing I would try the diet, many with quite disturbing screen names.

    It concerns me how supportive and admiring the internet is of those with eating disorders, and those attempting to get them. I believe that the reverse is true and there's many who try and stop it; but all it takes is one person to hint that anorexia and bulimia are, and it pains me to say this, 'cool' or indeed a fast way to lose weight and I think quite a few people find themselves aspiring to have this disorder, even if they aren't openly Pro Ana/Mia.

    Hmm, also this diet doesn't have guaranteed results. You will be aware of starvation mode and how slowly the body burns calories in it; well, if the dieter was on a normal diet before hand it's expected that the dieter will put on weight during this diet. Though, halfway through they will begin to lose again but more likely than not I find they only lose the weight they put on in starvation mode, sometimes more.

    I could rant forever about dieting and eating disorders, hell.

    Well written; though I think you could add a little more detail, as not all people will be interested another to click the links and find out more.
    July 18th, 2012 at 08:17pm
  • TabbyKitty13

    TabbyKitty13 (105)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    Thanks for informing me about the Ana Diet - I had no clue one existed (and I don't plan to use it, I just love being informed). Make sure you're rereading your article! There were a few mistakes you might want to go fix in order to make this the best article it can be. (:

    Anorexia is so dangerous, and I don't understand why people would want to play with it, like the other comments have stated. ): It's sad to think people will stand by it so religiously.
    July 18th, 2012 at 06:48pm
  • Sansa Stark

    Sansa Stark (930)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    71
    Location:
    New Zealand
    Like Shorty said, not eating is just as bad as eating too much. If you starv yourself for two days, the next thing you eat, even just a yoghurt or apple, your body will absorb it to the very last callory. Losing weight is not a joke, it's not meant to happen over night. Being chubby is not a disease and, unless you have health issues, you shouldn't lose weight and get skinny just because it's fashionable. Nonetheless, if losing weight will make you feel better, then do it in a safe healthy way. You only have one body, so don't destroy it.
    July 18th, 2012 at 06:46pm
  • Sara_K

    Sara_K (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    What especially bothers me about this is that it makes girls want to be thin instead of healthy. Not eating, in my opinion, can be just as bad as eating too much. The body needs nourishment, energy. People like this make me sick, because you're causing people who follow this to do some really bad damage to their bodies. People should strive to be healthy versus thin. The body is important, and it's the only one we get, so we should treat it better than this.

    Grr, sorry. It just makes me mad.
    July 18th, 2012 at 05:47pm
  • joshua13mason

    joshua13mason (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    That is sick! Who in there right mind would do an Anorexia diet?!? Then again, that might be the point.
    July 18th, 2012 at 04:48pm