Cyber Bullying

Bullying has always been an issue. Bullying is often connected to school where kids interact with other kids. But just like the technology has developed, so has bullying. Bullying is just not people calling other people names or leaving someone out anymore. Bullying exists on the internet now.

People all around the world have been affected by the internet and all the social networks out there, like Facebook, Twitter, etc. All this new technology and new social life online has affected the bullying too. It's getting more and more common with cyber bullying.

So why do people bully other people online? The answer is more simple than we think. Courage. Everyone have more courage behind a computer screen than in real life. On the internet you have the courage to spread rumors, call people inappropriate names, sending threats, etc. On the internet we are capable to do things that we might not have the courage to do in real life. Things like this are illegal.

Why has cyber bullying started to get more and more common? Because parents let their kids out on the internet in an early age. Ten years ago, kids didn't exist online. Today it's common and normal with nine year old kids online. Is this right or is it wrong? Parents clearly need to pay more attention to what their kids are doing online. Bullying can lead to horrible things. Online or in real life doesn't matter. Even if it's a simple message on Facebook it still affects the person receiving this message.

Only a couple of days ago there was a thirteen year old girl who jumped in front of a train because of this. She was bullied online by several people. This shows what a simple word or message can do.

It's time to wake up and face reality. The bullying online needs to stop. It's almost unbelievable that a few messages can lead someone to commit suicide. People say they don't get affected by the words people call them, but deep down it hurts. This is not okay. It's a horrible thing that people have to get picked on, especially online where a person has more courage and can say much coarser words.

There are more things happening on the internet than you might think, and only we can stop it.

Latest articles