Gemma - Comments

  • I heard that packing that much medication into a bird ruins the meat so no one does that anymore.

    I know that it should work by waiting till the bird can no longer produce eggs, then just slit the throat or snap the neck. It sounds bad but it's painless, untramatizing, and quick. I'll admit myself, I can't bring myself to become a vegitarian. All I keep thinking that the bird shouldn't go through the pain, but their brian literally doesn't have the compasity to be tramatized, or to want for a better life.

    And whenever I see a well-cooked chicken breast, I can't help but drool. I guess I just don't have the taste buds. The best I can do is research the procedger (I don't think that's how you spell it) of the slaughter house where I get my meat.....

    Besides, that's considered animal abuse according to the law because of activist groups like PETA. Anyone cought running a slaughter house like that would lose the company and go to prison. I don't know how many companies would go through the risk, but I'll be sure to check the slaughter house before buying meat from there. Please don't start ranting to me about being an monster for not being a vegiterian, I'm not harping on you for your desions in life.

    I like the story manner the article was written in. I tried that once in English class, and the teacher didn't aprove. But I think it's creative.
    March 1st, 2009 at 03:24am
  • and thats why im proud to be a vegetarian :)
    i seriously need to make an article on the hidden nasties in our food!
    poor lil chiken
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    love for all the cruely treated animals
    October 6th, 2008 at 08:07am
  • This is exactly why i am a vegetarian. This sickens me to the point of vomiting. Those poor little cratures. All they ever wanted was a life on a farm. :'{
    June 12th, 2008 at 11:58pm
  • This is why I am a vegetarian.
    It breaks my heart.
    June 7th, 2008 at 03:41am
  • I actually wanna be sick. But the sad thing about it is, if I didn't eat chicken I would have a weight problem. I eat chicken, that's all I can't eat anything else. I can't eat hot/spicy foods, I hardly like any vegetables - most of the time the texture makes me vomit before I eat it.

    I know its awful and bad, and we can sign as anything as we want, but telling a story like that isn't going to help.
    It's not going to stop the average Joe popping down to KFC on a Friday night is it? At the end of the day people will always eat meat, you'll never get everyone to stop. And the way I see it, is if, I don't eat that chicken I've just cooked, then someone else will, and a chicken has died for no reason, they'll kill them anyway.

    The only thing people can do is pressure the government to change the laws. You'll never get this industry to stop. It's sad, but true.
    June 5th, 2008 at 12:30am
  • This article is great. More word needs to be spoken about the cruelty of animals (and birds) destine for slaughter. It's just plain disturbing, and many people don't even know where their food comes from. I'm a proud vegetarian and I'm keeping it that way.
    June 2nd, 2008 at 09:01pm
  • Lydia, you rock. This was a very awesome article. And its amazing how you wrote, making it sound like its about a human. But its a good question: How can humans be so inhumane?
    June 2nd, 2008 at 05:46pm
  • "You made it sound like a fucking human for the whole first part, and then it's suddenly talking about chickens."

    Who the fuck cares? They both have feelings.
    May 24th, 2008 at 10:01pm
  • That's why I don't eat that stuff.
    May 15th, 2008 at 11:09pm
  • You made it sound like a fucking human for the whole first part, and then it's suddenly talking about chickens.
    April 10th, 2008 at 04:17am
  • thats depressing. I thought it was about a person at first >.>. Of course, Im still going to eat meat, Because Hey! They slaughtered them made them food, might as well make good of their remains...? Though it is terrible how they treat them :(
    April 9th, 2008 at 11:17pm
  • I WANNA BE A VEGETARIAN, I WANNA BE A VEGETARIAN! I DONT WANNA EAT MEAT ANYMORE IM ALREADY CRYING!!!!!
    April 4th, 2008 at 12:56am
  • omg...at the very begining I thought it was about a refugee, but that's probably just because I was stupid. When they put her into the truck, i was like "oh, it's an animal!" but anyways, I think it's terrible how there treating them, but I actually have a grudge against chickens, so if it was a cow, I probably would have cried.

    I do eat free range, which taste better actually. In geography somebody told me that the happier the meat the more mouth watering.
    March 19th, 2008 at 02:55am
  • I think that's very cruel it's just sad how many people refuse to listen to that stuff.
    March 13th, 2008 at 04:02pm