What's Eating Arnie Grape: An Evaluation on Arnie Grape's Cognitive Development - Comments

  • This.Useless.Heart.

    This.Useless.Heart. (115)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    United States
    This is such a creative idea for an article! I love the research and the thought that you have clearly put into this. Very awesome! Very Happy
    July 3rd, 2013 at 02:51am
  • nearly witches.

    nearly witches. (15250)

    :
    Admin
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    This was actually really interesting. The fact that you've taken a secondary character from a movie and performed this amount of analysis on him is really amazing because it gives those of us who are completely clueless about these types of things someone to base the facts and figures upon. This is written really well as well and you give multiple sources for further reading (which I might actually go and check out at some point). I found the point about animism and realism really interesting as well. I don't really ever think about the prospect of animism/realism not being present in people, it really is just one of those things that I assume everyone has a grasp of.

    As has already been said, super-informative, well-written and incredibly creative. I enjoyed reading this.
    July 2nd, 2013 at 05:20pm
  • billet-doux

    billet-doux (130)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    I love this! Gilbert Grape is one of my favorite movies and I've studied cognitive development for my major. This was extremely well written, informative, and very creative.
    June 24th, 2013 at 05:56pm
  • femalemalls11

    femalemalls11 (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    35
    Location:
    Uganda
    Wonderful.

    Share a website with you ,

    ( http://www.femalemalls.com/ )

    Believe you will love it.

    We accept any form of payment.

    http://www.femalemalls.com/Michael-Kors-Handbags-n2447/
    June 22nd, 2013 at 03:28pm
  • sabrina's auticorn;

    sabrina's auticorn; (100)

    :
    Bibliophile
    Gender:
    Age:
    35
    Location:
    United States
    I've noticed that I actually have a lot of these problems, especially in the sensorimotor stage and Preoperational Stage. I have a lot of issues with processing things such as... if you told me to clean my room, my brain shuts down because it's hard to process something like that, especially if it's something not part of my routine.

    Anyway, I thought of Arnie as being slightly autistic. O_o I've seen the movie and he does show a few traits of autism... but reading this, you do have a point since he didn't really show the proper traits included in an autistic diagnoses (IE, sensory issues)
    June 21st, 2013 at 08:44pm
  • music is life

    music is life (105)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    As someone hoping to become a family therapist (which of course includes the children), I'm sure I'll have every book on Piaget available throughout my career. On that note, books about Piaget's work can be VERY hard to read--apparently no one spoke in the colloquial style back in the day--so I'm glad that you've written something thorough, but easy to understand. :)
    Never knew integrity could be a conservational concept.
    June 21st, 2013 at 08:52am
  • folie a dru.

    folie a dru. (1270)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    36
    Location:
    United States
    It's a lot for me to read. I got through the first stage and I'll probably have to come back in spurts, but this is great and I think it's an awesome idea. You should do a whole series like this.

    I think you relate it to specifics in the movie really well and I like the way you approached it. You talk about Arnie's whole development as opposed to simply problems in his development, which is good and makes it complete as well.
    June 21st, 2013 at 12:45am