Why Do People Smoke? - Comments

  • im not saying everyone shold smoke im saying leave the smokers be we dont come up to you and complain that you DONT smoke do we
    August 16th, 2009 at 12:44pm
  • im a smoker and have been for years and find your article pethetic i bet your one of those peaple that come out of your way to walk past smokers and give them greaf about it i mean fear anuf if your out somwear and a smoker sits down beside you an lights up that you politly ask them not to i personly ask if i can smoke if im at somones house evin if im outside comon curtisy and i dont smoke in a car or neer children im awear of the side affects and yet i still chose to smoke and how do you know if smoking calms the nerves if your not a smoker it dose beleve me next time you diside to wright sutch an ignorant and biased artical do mibba a favor and dont
    August 16th, 2009 at 12:42pm
  • It's so biased and ignorant to think that people smoke because "they think its cool." I assume you're writting about tobacco smoking when you wrote this article. Tobacco is a substitute to weed. Sure, people had been smoking a lot before weed been made illegal in many countries, but the tobacco smoking rate rose after weed was illegal in the U.S. as I'm sure in other countries as well.
    August 3rd, 2009 at 02:18pm
  • I hate smoking.

    That's my personal opinion though.

    BUT, if someone is of legal age to smoke, I'm not going to say shit to them unless they're in my house or in my car because it is their body to do whatever the hell they want to with it.

    I can tell them that I wish they'd stop, but honestly, I'll only say that if I see them smoking like all the time.

    FACTS:

    We all know smoking is dangerous.

    We all know it does horrible things to our bodies.

    NOT SO SURPRISING LAST FACT!

    Some people just don't give a damn.

    In America, we have all those statistics and facts you gave us pounded into our heads.

    We're even shown photos of cancer filled lungs and women who look like they've been set on fire.

    About 25% of those kids will still go on to smoke cigarettes at least once.

    Preaching also kinda makes some smokers just want to smoke more just to piss people off.
    May 24th, 2009 at 11:52pm
  • Whatever. A cig now and again isn't bad, I do it. Chain smokers are who people should try to stop. But most of them know exactly what they're doing, so it wouldn't matter anyway.
    May 4th, 2009 at 01:33am
  • Yum yum, nicotine...

    your propaganda has failed to make me have an epiphany and vow to quit smoking.
    April 4th, 2009 at 07:33pm
  • Personally I don't wanna get pregnant.
    So I don't really care.
    And I didn't care what the side affects were to begin wiht.
    [i]I like it.[/i]

    but chainsmoking, yeah that's gross.
    then again, a ciggarette now and again is nice.
    March 11th, 2009 at 02:55am
  • I completely agree with x_x24.00. The fact that in my state it is illegal to smoke in public is just proof of the ignorance of the world.
    March 9th, 2009 at 05:23pm
  • I wish people would back off of smokers. People say its rude if someone is smoking by them, but honestly the non-smoker is the rude one making a big deal out of it.

    Once I was with my family who by the way all smoke and I was with my Aunt and my Dad, personaly I find them more laid back and easier to talk to when they are smoking. This one lady comes up and makes a big deal out of the fact that I the person who chose to go and stand by them was being killed every second by second hand smoke. I got mad at this lady who I didnt even know. So I just told her that if I didnt want to be out here and by them I would have stayed inside. So she makes a big deal out of it and is being so inconsiderate to us. She doesnt have to stand by us, we were over by our car it's not like we were right in front of the door so she would have to pass right by us. Anyways I think people should just give people their rights, if they want to smoke they should be able to without getting judged for it or having some person hold their nose stop breathing and blow the smoke away with their hand. Why do people care so much if other's smoke?
    March 5th, 2009 at 05:15am
  • I don't usually mind smokers, unless they're blowing smoke in my face or some shit like that.
    What really bothers me is these fourteen and fifteen year olds smoking. It isn't that hard to wait until you're eighteen to smoke, y'know.
    February 2nd, 2009 at 10:49pm
  • People smoke because it is addictive and they don't want to quit, they like it.
    Not because they thought "Hey, if I smoke I guess that means I'm badass, right?"
    January 16th, 2009 at 05:19pm
  • I've seriously started wondering why smoking's so acceptable now though. I think the article could have been better in terms of the bias used, but it makes sense.

    No one finds smoking selfish in some small way? However you believe you came into this world or the story behind it, you were lucky enough to be born with lungs. Then you grow up and destroy them bit by bit like it's nothing? I can understand the addiction bit, but honestly, I'd never do it.
    January 8th, 2009 at 05:19am
  • I wish people would lay off people who do smoke. Honestly, it's not really any of their business, and people who smoke usually know what they're getting into.
    I don't smoke, but I have several relatives who do, and they, as far as I know, have none of the physical side effects. For example, I have an aunt who smokes and she is gorgeous, sounds fine, and is super fit. And she's a great person.
    Just pointing that out.
    September 13th, 2008 at 10:05am
  • At the end of the day they're my lungs and I can do what I want with them.
    I've already been exiled from pubs when I want a smoke, what more do people want from me?
    August 29th, 2008 at 04:56pm
  • ALL smokers know that stuff. We arn't stupid.We know we can die younger, have bad breath, teeth, hair etc.

    that stuff doesn stop people though. my way it basically rebellion. I smoke because im told not to and i hate being told what to do. And it also does help releive stress fif your smoking in your calm enviroment.

    Its bad, i know. but it isnt going to change anyones mind. im not addicted and smoking a pack a day. But its pretty much whenever i need it.
    July 17th, 2008 at 05:48am
  • ok, personally, I think that it GREAT if you dont smoke, and I dont encourage you to start, and I also think it amazing that you're against smoking, but the fact is, it exists. whether you like it or not, it does. you can tell me all those facts that i've heard ten million times, and I still will not quit. don't like smoking, don't smoke. simple as that.

    oh and for the record: smoking calms me down. I don't really give a crap what you say, it does. it always has.
    July 12th, 2008 at 11:05am
  • My cousins smoke.I hate being around them becasue they stink and i can't breath.
    I hope I never smoke.
    July 9th, 2008 at 03:03am
  • I just told my mom all those fun facts. Preferably the one stops blood flow.

    Very good article.
    June 29th, 2008 at 09:23pm
  • It depends on the person though, some do it to be cool in front of others trying to look all badass or they just like the smell and feeling of the cigarettes. They feel like it "calms" them down and relaxes their nerves. Plus its just plain addicting. Good article though =]

    I actually forced my friend to quite...haha once i literally took the carton of cigarettes from her bag and RAN for it...just to see how she would react (i was bored okay, sue me). Kinda pathetic how she freaked out over it but it was hilarious watching her trying to catch up to me XD.

    Smoking + Running don't mix =P
    June 11th, 2008 at 10:00pm
  • I smoke though I know it's bad for me.
    But I don't smoke because I'm trying to be "cool" or anything.
    It started as a bad habit and turned into an addiction.
    Though I don't exactly have any plans on quitting.
    May 14th, 2008 at 02:49pm