Are Healthy Cigarettes Just Around the Corner?

Are Healthy Cigarettes Just Around the Corner? There have been recent advancements in nanotechnology. And because of this, a healthy cigarette may be just around the corner for smokers, former smokers, and non-smokers alike. The company Big Tobacco has invested a tidy of sum of 1 to 2 million dollars into the project. It has taken them years to get where they are. They are extremely excited about the project, which has been code-named; "Last Laugh". Obviously a reference to the tobacco industry's bad reputation, and how they aim to change that reputation.

This change in direction has even interested health fanatics as well. "It will allow former smokers to return to their first love, smoking. It will allow lifelong non-smokers to finally puff up. It will allow us to market to grade-schoolers now," reported Chief Technological Officer, Bill Wade.

Although many people are backing the healthy cigarettes, others are having issues with the morality of marketing to grade-schoolers. Can you imagine an eight year old walking around with a cigarette hanging from their lips?

But Big Tobacco isn't worried about that image. "Really, the only thing about smoking that will stay the same is the smell. We found smokers are very nostalgic about the smell, so we didn't mess with it," said Wade.

Wade said that the smell of cigarettes will now be associated with "health" and "longevity," instead of the negative associations of the past.

Whether this project works or not, does anyone really want to see grade-schoolers lighting up? Some do. And if the smell hasn't changed, what about the people who decide to be non-smokers, but still have to breathe in that foul air?

There are many questions that still need to asked about the campaign for healthy cigarettes.

But, I guess we'll get the answers to those questions soon, won't we?

Latest articles