Titanic to be beaten by The Dark Knight?

Titanic to be beaten by The Dark Knight? In 1997, when the movie "Titanic" came out, it made a total of $600.8 million in the box office. That makes it the top-grossing movie of all time. "The Dark Knight" is currently at $400 million. The way that "The Dark Knight" has attacked it people are saying that 'The Dark Knight' has the possibility of going over the $600.8 million that "Titanic" made.

Christopher Scharrett, the professor of communications and film studies at Seton Hall University, thinks that the reason people are so attracted to 'The Dark Knight' is because of Heath Ledger's performance as the murderous, psychopathic villain The Joker. He says that between the performance itself and the recent death of Heath Ledger makes the movie more interesting. The Joker being a psychopath makes the movie that much better and intense because you never know what he's going to do next.

Can "The Dark Knight" move from its next benchmark, $400 million, and up another $200 million to reach the "Titanic" 's mark of $600 million? Simonoff says that he wouldn't be surprised if "The Dark Knight" did reach the mark, although he also says that he wouldn't be surprised if it falls $100 million short of the mark.

Vicki Kunkel says that movies need certain key elements, romance, good v.s. evil, self-sacrificing heroine, and a grand battle between the good guy and villain. "The Dark Knight" has two of those, good versus evil (Batman versus The Joker) and a grand battle between the good guy and villain (Batman along with the District's Attorney against The Joker, Twoface and the Goonies of The Joker.) The "Titanic" had all of the key elements, romance (Jack and Rose) good versus evil (Jack versus Cal), self-sacrificing heroine (Rose closes on her rich fiancé, Cal for poor Jack.) Along with the grand battle between the good guy and villain (Jack versus Cal).

Latest articles